Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » ide should offer to reload changed file which are shown in the editor
ide should offer to reload changed file which are shown in the editor [message #19971] Fri, 06 February 2009 12:51 Go to next message
aftershock is currently offline  aftershock
Experienced Member
Ide should offer to reload changed file which are shown in the editor.

Hi guys! I think it is a serious error....

It is easy to lose some changes in this way.
Re: ide should offer to reload changed file which are shown in the editor [message #19972 is a reply to message #19971] Fri, 06 February 2009 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
Never happen to me to lose some piece of code because ide editor. I don't find it such a "serious error" because i don't use other editors to edit files from Upp projects, because not all editors preserve file encoding and because i don't know any situation when i have to edit project file outside of the ide simultaneous with that file opened in the ide editor.
Re: ide should offer to reload changed file which are shown in the editor [message #19973 is a reply to message #19971] Fri, 06 February 2009 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Many ides and text editor offer this feature.
Ultimate++ has a good code browser but debugging is less perfect.
Ultimate++ is faster..
So I tend to jump between Microsoft Studio and Ultimate++..
Re: ide should offer to reload changed file which are shown in the editor [message #19974 is a reply to message #19973] Fri, 06 February 2009 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
OK, it's implemented and work great. If you have modified file outside of the ide and in the ide is not modified then the editor reload the file with new modifications. If you modified it in the ide and also outside of theide then the ide will ask you to keep changes made in ide or to reload the file. One thing you have to know is that theide save modified files at every compilation.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 February 2009 14:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ide should offer to reload changed file which are shown in the editor [message #19975 is a reply to message #19971] Fri, 06 February 2009 14:31 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Well I use 2008 beta version... It does not seem to work.

Wait a sec. Is it possible that it reloads the file silently?

Yes, I checked it..
Ok, it reloads it silently....

[Updated on: Fri, 06 February 2009 14:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: my problems with ide
Next Topic: BUG in amd64.deb svn build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:23:34 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02808 seconds