Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » MyApps directory creation during installation?
MyApps directory creation during installation? [message #204] Sat, 03 December 2005 11:45 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
1. If the Ultimate++ installer deletes the entire "upp" directory tree during installation then, I guess, it's better to keep my working upp directory (e.g "uppArisWork") outside "upp"? Is that correct?

2. Or would it be a lot of work to make the installer recognize "foreign directories" inside "upp" and keep them by default but with a dialogue e.g "Select your own directories you want to be removed"?

3. Would it be reasonable also not to lose all the compiling configs and maybe compiled *.obj files after upgrading?

4. Why the installer didn't create the working directory I entered during instalation? Is this a bug or normal behaviour? And if normal, then why not to have such a feature?
( edited: Sorry about the 4. I seems that I have it.. Embarassed , just Windows Explorer didn't refresh the directory tree.. or I had it created myself...)

[Updated on: Sat, 03 December 2005 11:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MyApps directory creation during installation? [message #226 is a reply to message #204] Sun, 04 December 2005 18:56 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
1. Yes Smile
2. Good idea. Limited resources Smile
3. Keeping *.obj is not a very good idea. Actually, I recommend to clean your output directory each time you get fresh sources. As for keeping configs, well, that is a good idea, anyway I believe that experienced U++ users will compile TheIDE from sources anyway and perform their upgrade by othe means than running the installer Smile
Previous Topic: comment/uncomment selected lines?
Next Topic: Save As or Backup or CVS or Uvs2 your files?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:23:56 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04798 seconds