Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Feature request to support existing projects
Feature request to support existing projects [message #22007] Sun, 14 June 2009 18:17 Go to next message
janwilmans is currently offline  janwilmans

To import/convert existing projects into TheIde it would be nice to import an entire directory-tree at once.

Now, creating a package for an existing project that contains 10 directories is quite some work.

Also, you must be very careful not to add files to the package that TheIde does not support because (referring to the earlier bug report about png/bmp files) because TheIde will crash an not save the project, so you have to start all over.

Suggested feature:

Import a directory-tree, perhaps specify to import only a certain mask, also add an option to separate the files per-directory.

Something like:

Import: /home/jan/myprogram/head_revision
mask: *.cpp, *.h, *.i, *.ico
[x] create separators for each directory

Greetings,

Jan

Jan (skyhawk)

[Updated on: Sun, 14 June 2009 18:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Feature request to support existing projects [message #22055 is a reply to message #22007] Mon, 15 June 2009 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
skyhawk wrote on Sun, 14 June 2009 12:17

To import/convert existing projects into TheIde it would be nice to import an entire directory-tree at once.

Now, creating a package for an existing project that contains 10 directories is quite some work.

Also, you must be very careful not to add files to the package that TheIde does not support because (referring to the earlier bug report about png/bmp files) because TheIde will crash an not save the project, so you have to start all over.

Suggested feature:

Import a directory-tree, perhaps specify to import only a certain mask, also add an option to separate the files per-directory.

Something like:

Import: /home/jan/myprogram/head_revision
mask: *.cpp, *.h, *.i, *.ico
[x] create separators for each directory

Greetings,

Jan

Done.

Mirek
Re: Feature request to support existing projects [message #22061 is a reply to message #22055] Tue, 16 June 2009 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Tested: Works like a charm, saves me lots of time, Thanks Mirek!

Jan (skyhawk)
Re: Feature request to support existing projects [message #22067 is a reply to message #22061] Tue, 16 June 2009 15:00 Go to previous message

Whoops, I didn't test this feature very well!

I seems that all files are imported into the project as being in the 'root' import directory! the paths aren't used at all.

Also, the order of the imported files seems 'random' they do not seem to be ordered in a logical way, nor sorted.

I think it would be logical to sort by name, and would also keep the 'classes' together in most cases.

Bar.cpp
Bar.h
Foo.cpp
Foo.h

Finally, I vote for a separator for the 'root' import directory as well, as files from the last subdirectory and the 'root' directory are now grouped together.a

All this means:

importdir/fb.cpp
importdir/fb.h
importdir/foo/bar.h
importdir/foo/bar.cpp
importdir/foo/br.h
importdir/foo/br.cpp

will become:

seporator<foo>
br.h
br.cpp
bar.cpp