Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Draw without CtrlLib [SOLVED] - see ConsoleDraw example
Draw without CtrlLib [SOLVED] - see ConsoleDraw example [message #23812] Tue, 24 November 2009 03:17 Go to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Hi,

As a side-project I need to create a command-line app for Linux which creates images and saves them to file.

I created a UPP console app and added the image plugins and the Draw package but it will not build as it says several of the Image functions are "ambiguous". I can build a full UPP GUI app on the same machine just fine (Ubuntu 8.04 64-bit) so I'm guessing that Image relies on some other code in other packages and that UPP has not been tested in this configuration or (and this is far more likely) I'm doing something wrong.

BTW I tried adding the CtrlLib and CtrlCore packages but this throws up many more errors.

Nick

EDIT: I just found the ImagePainter example. If that is what I am meant to use instead for this kind of app then please feel very welcome delete this thread Embarassed

[Updated on: Mon, 24 January 2011 12:58] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Draw without CtrlLib [message #23814 is a reply to message #23812] Tue, 24 November 2009 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok I just made a new Core Console project and copied and pasted the code from the ConsoleDraw example into the provided header and then deleted the main function in the cpp file.

It doesn't link. There are tons of errors saying that there are missing functions (which is what I'm seeing with my own project). Has anyone else managed to build that code under Linux please?

Nick
Re: Draw without CtrlLib [message #23815 is a reply to message #23814] Tue, 24 November 2009 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

nixnixnix wrote on Tue, 24 November 2009 05:08

Ok I just made a new Core Console project and copied and pasted the code from the ConsoleDraw example into the provided header and then deleted the main function in the cpp file.

It doesn't link. There are tons of errors saying that there are missing functions (which is what I'm seeing with my own project). Has anyone else managed to build that code under Linux please?

Nick

Hi Nick,

Silly question: Did you add the Painter, RichText, PDFDraw and plugin/png into your newly created package?

Can you build the ConsoleDraw as it is, without copying into your project? I've just tried (under Linux) and it works fine.

Regards
Honza
Re: Draw without CtrlLib [message #23820 is a reply to message #23815] Tue, 24 November 2009 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing is a silly question when you're dealing with me Smile

I didn't realise I had to include the PDFDraw package in my app as I'm not using the PDF format and as for the console app, I think I had run out of steam when I got to that. The thing that was puzzling me was that it was all compiling ok. I thought if I needed extra packages it would be at compile time. Lesson learned.

Thanks Mirek. Builds fine now.
Re: Draw without CtrlLib [message #23827 is a reply to message #23820] Wed, 25 November 2009 07:21 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

You are welcome, even though I'm not Mirek Very Happy

Bye,
Honza
Previous Topic: CreateImageObject(...) disappeared
Next Topic: does ImageCtrl position depends on dpi ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:14:58 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00958 seconds