FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » SysInfo, Functions4U and Controls4U packages
SysInfo, Functions4U and Controls4U packages [message #23968] Sat, 12 December 2009 20:39 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello all

There are two new packages in Bazaar:

- Functions4U
It includes part of SysInfo functions, the more useful like String and file handling.
Now SysInfo has the subset of more "special" functions like Desktop grabbing or mouse moving. Many programs do not need them.
As SysInfo package includes Functions4U there have to be no problems with actual programs.

- Controls4U
It includes additional controls both simple looking as EditFolder and more nice looking as Meter and StaticClock.
All these controls are supported in the layout editor so that you see what you will get in the running program.
The graphic controls use Painter. Compare the difference between Draw in layout editor and Painter in running program...

index.php?t=getfile&id=2038&private=0

I think Painter is worthwhile (and the code is almost the same) Smile

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: SysInfo, Functions4U and Controls4U packages [message #23969 is a reply to message #23968] Sat, 12 December 2009 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
d_th
Promising Member
Hi Koldo,

that is looking great, but if i try to compile it on my ubuntu 9.10 with ultimate 1801 ther ar some bugs:

Linking...
/home/dieter/upp.out/Functions4U/GCC.Gui.Mt.Shared/Functions 4U.a(Functions4U.o): In function `GetExtExecutable(Upp::String)':
Functions4U.cpp:(.text+0x5c8c): undefined reference to `LoadFile_Safe(Upp::String)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

There were errors. (0:01.34)

Do you know whats wrong?

Best regards
Dieter
Re: SysInfo, Functions4U and Controls4U packages [message #23970 is a reply to message #23969] Sun, 13 December 2009 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Oh, I saw it yesterday but I forgot to upload it.
I moved a function few days ago and I forgot this auxiliary function Rolling Eyes

It is now fixed in SVN 1805. Thank you ! Smile

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: SysInfo, Functions4U and Controls4U packages [message #23974 is a reply to message #23968] Sun, 13 December 2009 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
d_th
Promising Member
Hi Koldo,

ok, after i Download the Version 1805 the Demo is working.
But the Controles4u more Controles ends with this Message:

Creating library...
ar: creating /home/dieter/upp.out/plugin/png/GCC.Gui.Mt.Shared/png.a
/home/dieter/upp.out/plugin/png/GCC.Gui.Mt.Shared/png.a (31652 B) created in (0:01.99)
----- Controls4U ( GUI MT MAIN GCC SHARED LINUX POSIX ) (11 / 11)
Controls4U.cpp
Controls4U: 1 file(s) built in (0:03.55), 3556 msecs / file, duration = 3570 msecs, parallelization 0%
Linking...
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.4.1/../../../../lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
/build/buildd/eglibc-2.10.1/csu/../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S: 115: undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

There were errors. (6:03.68)

I think, you know the reason?!

Thanks for your work and support,

Dieter
Re: SysInfo, Functions4U and Controls4U packages [message #23975 is a reply to message #23974] Sun, 13 December 2009 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Dieter

I understand that the package Controls4U_demo works well for you.

What is the package are you compiling ?. What is "Controles4u more Controles" ?

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: SysInfo, Functions4U and Controls4U packages [message #23979 is a reply to message #23975] Mon, 14 December 2009 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
Hello Koldo,
I have one suggestion for StaticArrow(and StaticLine), could you use enumerations for SetOrientation and SetEnds i believe it's simple(more portable) to use an enum than entering a string which depends on encoding.

In example:
enum ArrowEnds
{
  LeftEnd,
  RightEnd,
  LeftRightEnd,
  NoEnd
};

arrow.SetEnds(LeftEnd);

The only inconvenient is that you have to find the right naming for orientations and ends. Razz

Andrei
Re: SysInfo, Functions4U and Controls4U packages [message #23982 is a reply to message #23979] Mon, 14 December 2009 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
andrei_natanael wrote on Mon, 14 December 2009 00:35

Hello Koldo,
I have one suggestion for StaticArrow(and StaticLine), could you use enumerations for SetOrientation and SetEnds i believe it's simple(more portable) to use an enum than entering a string which depends on encoding.

In example:
enum ArrowEnds
{
  LeftEnd,
  RightEnd,
  LeftRightEnd,
  NoEnd
};

arrow.SetEnds(LeftEnd);

The only inconvenient is that you have to find the right naming for orientations and ends. Razz

Andrei

Hello Andrei

You are right in all. I will put the two systems.

The idea came about for example I do not know a nice way to define with an enum a line like this Smile :

index.php?t=getfile&id=2046&private=0

Well, I found this "_┌" as the best Smile

Best regards
Koldo
  • Attachment: Dib.PNG
    (Size: 4.46KB, Downloaded 999 times)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: SysInfo, Functions4U and Controls4U packages [message #23994 is a reply to message #23982] Tue, 15 December 2009 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello andrei_natanael

Changes done, uploaded and documented.

Now there are enums to be used in SetOrientation() and SetEnds():
	enum LineOrientation {OrVert, OrHor, OrNW_SE, OrSW_NE, OrNW_SE_HVH, OrSW_NE_HVH, OrNW_SE_VHV, OrSW_NE_VHV};
	enum ArrowEnds {EndLeft, EndRight, EndLeftRight, NoEnd};

The initial String options remain as there are more intuitive Smile

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: SysInfo, Functions4U and Controls4U packages [message #23996 is a reply to message #23994] Wed, 16 December 2009 10:07 Go to previous message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
Well done, thanks.
Andrei
Previous Topic: Bazaar packages in U++ web
Next Topic: Docking package (plus examples)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:34:43 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01585 seconds