FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Request for code audit
Request for code audit [message #2408] Tue, 11 April 2006 23:32 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, it happened to me again...

I have noticed that current BlockStream implementation does not play well with BMPRaster (new virtual representation of Image source) seek/read patterns.

So I have spend two days reimplementing it - this is the most tricky code to implement, and unfortunately complexity cannot be reduced there in any way without harming the performance.

Well, I have run various tests to get it right, so I believe it should be OK by now, however if somebody keen and sharp would take time to review the code I would be happy.

So far it is made active just in _DEBUG mode, it is in "Core/BlockStream.cpp".

The motivation was to make it behave better when file is read "backwards" (by seeking and Getting chunks of data).

Mirek
Re: Request for code audit [message #2411 is a reply to message #2408] Wed, 12 April 2006 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
"Core/BlockStream.cpp" .. which version should I look for? 604-dev1 is probably old I suppose?

(I'm not on that subversioning system of yours and I'm not going to join that, sorry, I will wait till you switch to SVN Smile ).
Re: Request for code audit [message #2412 is a reply to message #2411] Wed, 12 April 2006 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mr_ped wrote on Wed, 12 April 2006 03:10

"Core/BlockStream.cpp" .. which version should I look for? 604-dev1 is probably old I suppose?

(I'm not on that subversioning system of yours and I'm not going to join that, sorry, I will wait till you switch to SVN Smile ).

Just wait for another dev release, today or tommorow....

Mirek
Re: Request for code audit [message #2413 is a reply to message #2411] Wed, 12 April 2006 10:59 Go to previous message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

mr_ped wrote on Wed, 12 April 2006 03:10

"

We have already switched to SVN Smile I will update it today..
Previous Topic: What is the best: a separate UppCodeEditor or expanding the existing?
Next Topic: wince port?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 08:27:43 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02957 seconds