Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » RapidSVN vs Ultimate SVN fuctionality
RapidSVN vs Ultimate SVN fuctionality [message #24605] Mon, 25 January 2010 14:59 Go to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

I noticed that in the environment TheIde menu SVN and there is some functionality. I enjoyed RapidSVN. Nobody knows whether compatible SVN tags of these two systems, stored in a folder .svn?

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: RapidSVN vs Ultimate SVN fuctionality [message #24613 is a reply to message #24605] Mon, 25 January 2010 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
as far as I have seen any front-end SVN client, all of them let the svn client itself to handle this, so the ".svn" is standardized. (although it does change a bit with svn version, so you may hit a situation where you use for example latest Tortoise, which does use latest SVN, it will convert your working copy and you will be unable to work with it with for example rapidSVN if it is linked to older version of svn lib)

I didn't see any front-end putting anything into .svn related to the front-end.
Re: RapidSVN vs Ultimate SVN fuctionality [message #24620 is a reply to message #24605] Mon, 25 January 2010 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
sergeynikitin wrote on Mon, 25 January 2010 08:59

I noticed that in the environment TheIde menu SVN and there is some functionality. I enjoyed RapidSVN. Nobody knows whether compatible SVN tags of these two systems, stored in a folder .svn?

Well, I know for sure that TortoiseSVN is compatible with SlikSVN command-line - I am using TheIDE/usvn most of time (because it is really convenient, fully automated - unlike Tortoise. And integrated.), but when I need any advanced function missing in usvn, I use Tortoise (on the same working copy).
Re: RapidSVN vs Ultimate SVN fuctionality [message #24623 is a reply to message #24620] Mon, 25 January 2010 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

Thanks.

It is necessary to experiment.

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: RapidSVN vs Ultimate SVN fuctionality [message #24652 is a reply to message #24605] Tue, 26 January 2010 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Checking it right now, the UPP can't work with my working copy (the TortoiseSVN upgraded it to a version which is not supported by TheIDE).

I'm using latest TortoiseSVN ... it's sort of fun to read their changelogs, because it always contains lot of fixes which would affect only few users (so the bugs are hard to find), and with the amount of fixes and my positive experience with stability of TortoiseSVN I always expect those tiny bugs to diminish soon. Yet every new version comes packed up with several such fixes. It's like fashion show of "what else can yet go wrong in complex GUI application", but a very educating experience, not just fashion. Smile
(also it shows the maintainers of Tortoise do tremendous job in quality assurance, another quite educational experience)
So I like to keep it up to date, but they like to keep up to date the svn client and this makes your working copies usually way too up to date for other SW with integrated SVN support.
Re: RapidSVN vs Ultimate SVN fuctionality [message #24656 is a reply to message #24652] Tue, 26 January 2010 14:30 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mr_ped wrote on Tue, 26 January 2010 06:50

Checking it right now, the UPP can't work with my working copy (the TortoiseSVN upgraded it to a version which is not supported by TheIDE).

Maybe you need more recent SilkSVN commandline?

Quote:

So I like to keep it up to date, but they like to keep up to date the svn client and this makes your working copies usually way too up to date for other SW with integrated SVN support.

Yeah, I have noticed that stupid behaviour as well. That is why I do not generally upgrade Tortoise...
Previous Topic: Please commit with log messages....
Next Topic: TheIDE Find/Replace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:16:27 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 2.97356 seconds