FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Arch Linux packages
Arch Linux packages [message #28063] Sat, 14 August 2010 11:04 Go to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi,

I hope there are some Arch Linux users out there (apart from myself:) ) Starting today, source packages for U++ and theide are available in AUR (Arch User Repository).

The packages are organized in the same way as the ubuntu packages, that is "upp-svn" contains the sources and "theide-svn" or "theide-nogtk-svn" will install theide. As the -svn suffix hints, the packages are based on subversion repository, that means that everytime you update the package it will checkout fresh sources, compile (in case of theide) and install on your system.

If you use yaourt or some other pacman compatible package manager that can access AUR, the command line is something like
yaourt -S theide-svn upp-svn
. If you don't use yaourt, you can just download the source tarballs on the web, unpack them somewhere and inside each directory launch makepkg, which will build binary package, which can be in turn installed using pacman -U <pkg-ver.pkg.tar.xz>.

I didn't test it on a clean machine, since I don't have any, but everything should work there too. If you encounter any problems, let me know, I'll do what I can to fix it. The only known problem, as on all non-win32 platforms is that the automatic updates don't update the local sources. I am working on the fix for this, please be patient Wink For now, just copying the files over to your local copy should be fine enough:
cp /usr/share/upp/* /home/<username>/<upp-directory>/

Also, starting with next stable release, I plan to make stable packages as well.

I hope you will find those packages useful. If the packages are popular enough, they are often moved from AUR to comunity repository, that is by default accessible to every Arch Linux user.

I'm looking forward to your feedback!

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Arch Linux packages [message #28070 is a reply to message #28063] Sat, 14 August 2010 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Good job. It is great to be finally in the official repositories of important distros.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Arch Linux packages [message #28077 is a reply to message #28063] Sat, 14 August 2010 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ccf_h is currently offline  ccf_h
Thank you for this initiative! I will certainly use it for the next release.

Chris
Re: Arch Linux packages [message #28629 is a reply to message #28063] Wed, 08 September 2010 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Hi friends,

I have the pleasure to announce you that as of today, there are stable (i.e. 2467) packages upp, theide and theide-nogtk available in AUR. To install it, follow the instructions above, just drop the -svn suffix. And if you use it, make sure you vote for the package, the votes can push the package into the community repository Wink

Also, I automated the svn version uploads. It runs on my machine, so it works only when it is on, but that is quite often Smile For now, it checks svn for new version every hour and updates the packages in AUR if necessary. Mirek, would you be interested in moving it on uppbox? Not necessarily with the one hour frequency, nightly would be fine as well.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Arch Linux packages [message #28631 is a reply to message #28629] Wed, 08 September 2010 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Wonderful!

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Arch Linux packages [message #30425 is a reply to message #28063] Thu, 30 December 2010 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

By some chance, is there anyone using Archlinux on x86_64? If yes, can you confirm that the PKGBUILD works ok?

Thanks,
Honza
Re: Arch Linux packages [message #30426 is a reply to message #30425] Thu, 30 December 2010 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

dolik.rce wrote on Thu, 30 December 2010 06:01

By some chance, is there anyone using Archlinux on x86_64? If yes, can you confirm that the PKGBUILD works ok?

Thanks,
Honza

You mean theide-svn? It works perfectly for me Smile
Re: Arch Linux packages [message #30430 is a reply to message #30426] Thu, 30 December 2010 13:47 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

unodgs wrote on Thu, 30 December 2010 12:34

You mean theide-svn? It works perfectly for me Smile

Yes, I meant any of the theide* packages. I realized I never tested it on 64bit system, because I don't have any. Thank you for your help Wink

Honza
Previous Topic: U++ in OpenSuse repositories
Next Topic: Upgrading U++ infrastructure server...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:07:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02740 seconds