Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Maybe stupid qustions for UPP developers...
Maybe stupid qustions for UPP developers... [message #29200] Sun, 10 October 2010 13:33 Go to next message
porto is currently offline  porto
1. There is a strange issue with display UPP windows: the window title bar becomes rounded shape not immediately, but first rectangle is drawn. Animated GIF File is attached. Native applications that use WinAPI don't have this issue. It's a little bit annoying. Can you explain or fix this issue?
2. File selection window looks a little unusual. For example, I can't select folders "Downloads" or "Video". Is there a way to use a native file selection window, not using WinAPI?

P.S. My OS is Windows XP (Russian).

Thank you.
Sorry for bad English.

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2010 18:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Maybe stupid qustions for UPP developers... [message #29201 is a reply to message #29200] Sun, 10 October 2010 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
"Is there a way to use a native file selection window, not using WinAPI?"

Just call WinAPI directly, it's just C++, the WinAPI is not forbidden. (but you will lose cross-platform behavior + you must handle WinAPI)

But I think if upp devs have time, they will rather try to solve your problem with FileSel.
Re: Maybe stupid qustions for UPP developers... [message #29202 is a reply to message #29200] Sun, 10 October 2010 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Also if you would attach some sample tiny application where both problems do show on your machine (with screenshots maybe) in some zip, it will be easier for others to try it out.
Re: Maybe stupid qustions for UPP developers... [message #29204 is a reply to message #29200] Sun, 10 October 2010 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
Hello,

1. Try the following code:
#include <windows.h>

int CALLBACK WinMain(HINSTANCE hI, HINSTANCE hP, LPSTR lC, int nC)
{
    MessageBox(HWND_DESKTOP, "Switched to value 0", "Switch", MB_OK | MB_ICONINFORMATION);
    return 0;
}
// hopefully correct, not tested

Observe the window. If same happen, then it's a Windows issue, not U++.

2. There is FileSel for file selection which is same on all platforms and FileSelector which is native for Windows and in Linux/Unix is a typedef for FileSel.

Andrei
Re: Maybe stupid qustions for UPP developers... [message #29207 is a reply to message #29204] Sun, 10 October 2010 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your answers.
FileSelector is good solution to my second question, though the window has an old style look, it's don't uses windows themes (Screenshot is attached).
About issue with rendering windows: I observed this issue on different Windows systems, this little problem occurred everywhere, but native Windows applications, like "notepad", "paint" etc are didn't have this issue.
  • Attachment: window.JPG
    (Size: 17.38KB, Downloaded 218 times)
Re: Maybe stupid qustions for UPP developers... [message #29208 is a reply to message #29207] Sun, 10 October 2010 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One more question:
Why UPP aplications ignore font settings in Linux (Gnome)? I use Ubuntu 10.10 and nightly buid of UPP from PPA (2760).

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2010 19:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Maybe stupid qustions for UPP developers... [message #29477 is a reply to message #29207] Fri, 22 October 2010 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
porto wrote on Sun, 10 October 2010 15:24

Thanks for your answers.
FileSelector is good solution to my second question, though the window has an old style look, it's don't uses windows themes (Screenshot is attached).
About issue with rendering windows: I observed this issue on different Windows systems, this little problem occurred everywhere, but native Windows applications, like "notepad", "paint" etc are didn't have this issue.

You have to add a manifest file to your project.
Re: Maybe stupid qustions for UPP developers... [message #29479 is a reply to message #29477] Fri, 22 October 2010 14:25 Go to previous message
Quote:

You have to add a manifest file to your project.

Thanks
Previous Topic: A trouble with "select" from Oracle DB
Next Topic: Ptr_Pte and C++ auto_ptr
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:45:24 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01734 seconds