Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Debugging
Debugging [message #29665] Sat, 06 November 2010 10:28 Go to next message
Wlad is currently offline  Wlad
Promising Member

Working envir.: 2791 + MinGW

The most Common question: how can I obtain a stack frame view after exceptional abort?
Now I can see the place in very bottom of call sequence. But I would like to see all chain of calls (and my error place - the starting point of this sequence)

In common: the work with debugger looks like something magic - sometime trace place is not visible, some time Debug menu items are disabled but I can see "debugger arrow" on the left of source window.

Of course good debugger is the half of succ result. But now it will be anough to have a call stack snapshot.

[Updated on: Sun, 07 November 2010 21:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Debugging [message #29671 is a reply to message #29665] Sat, 06 November 2010 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Wlad,

If you run app in debug mode and exception happens it should bring you some of the predefined breakpoints in the U++ sources. The stack should be available to browse using the drop-down list under the source view area. If you want to copy the full backtrack there is an option for that in Debug menu.

The problem with disabled option in Debug menu might be caused by mingw debugger - it sometimes takes it quite a long time to give theide all the informations (current position in code, stack, etc.). Unfortunately there is not much that could be done about this.

Honza
Re: Debugging [message #29711 is a reply to message #29671] Wed, 10 November 2010 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member

dolik.rce wrote on Sat, 06 November 2010 19:22

The stack should be available to browse using the drop-down list under the source view area. If you want to copy the full backtrack there is an option for that in Debug menu.

May be I was not attentive enough but I didn't find out these things!
What the version (and OS for) you meant?

[Updated on: Wed, 10 November 2010 07:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Debugging [message #29713 is a reply to message #29711] Wed, 10 November 2010 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Here:
index.php?t=getfile&id=2924&private=0
  • Attachment: debug.png
    (Size: 39.85KB, Downloaded 330 times)
Re: Debugging [message #29715 is a reply to message #29713] Wed, 10 November 2010 08:17 Go to previous message
Promising Member

cbpporter wrote on Wed, 10 November 2010 09:09

Here:

TNX a lot!!!
Did you shot it in Linux?
Previous Topic: Open file as stream for fgetpos(), fseek(), etc.
Next Topic: Changing compiler "on the fly"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:26:46 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05931 seconds