Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Problem on building HelloWorld
Problem on building HelloWorld [message #2612] Wed, 19 April 2006 06:13 Go to next message
mountain is currently offline  mountain
Dear all,

After I installed the latest version and compile the example of HelloWorld, the following problem occured. Does anyone know what is happening? Thanks a lot!

----- CtrlLib ( GUI MSC8 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (1 / 9)
BLITZ: LabelBase.cpp Button.cpp Switch.cpp EditField.cpp Text.cpp LineEdit.cpp DocEdit.cpp ScrollBar.cpp Head
erCtrl.cpp ArrayCtrl.cpp DropList.cpp DropPusher.cpp DropChoice.cpp Static.cpp Splitter.cpp SliderCtrl.cp
p ColumnList.cpp Progress.cpp AKeys.cpp RichTextView.cpp RichClip.cpp Prompt.cpp Help.cpp Bar.cpp MenuBar
.cpp ToolBar.cpp ToolTip.cpp StatusBar.cpp TabCtrl.cpp TreeCtrl.cpp DlgColor.cpp ColorPopup.cpp ColorPush
er.cpp FileList.cpp FileSel.cpp Windows.cpp Win32.cpp CtrlUtil.cpp Update.cpp LNGCtrl.cpp
$blitz.cpp
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core/Core.h(225) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windef.h': No such file or dir
ectory
CtrlLib.icpp
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core/Core.h(225) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windef.h': No such file or dir
ectory

1 file(s) compiled in (0:00.69) 691 msec/file

There were errors. (0:01.59)
Re: Problem on building HelloWorld [message #2615 is a reply to message #2612] Wed, 19 April 2006 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
What dirs have you got in Setup->Automatic Setup? and which compiler are you using?
Edit: MSC8? check dir for it.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 April 2006 06:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem on building HelloWorld [message #2616 is a reply to message #2615] Wed, 19 April 2006 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Or try MSC71 if you got.
Re: Problem on building HelloWorld [message #2643 is a reply to message #2615] Wed, 19 April 2006 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. After changing the compiler to MingGW, it is working now.
My conclusion is that the latest version is not working for Visual Studio 8 (the Express Version).
Re: Problem on building HelloWorld [message #2644 is a reply to message #2643] Wed, 19 April 2006 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mountain wrote on Wed, 19 April 2006 14:33

My conclusion is that the latest version is not working for Visual Studio 8 (the Express Version).

Have you SDK installed? MSC 8 Express does not contain SDK, you have to install it separately...

Mirek
Re: Problem on building HelloWorld [message #2674 is a reply to message #2644] Thu, 20 April 2006 19:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luzr wrote on Wed, 19 April 2006 19:59

Have you SDK installed? MSC 8 Express does not contain SDK, you have to install it separately...

Mirek

Yes, SDK is installed with VC++ Express, which is working fine. But it does not work with UPP for some reason.

Mountain
Re: Problem on building HelloWorld [message #2676 is a reply to message #2674] Thu, 20 April 2006 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
mountain wrote on Thu, 20 April 2006 18:52

luzr wrote on Wed, 19 April 2006 19:59

Mirek

Yes, SDK is installed with VC++ Express, which is working fine. But it does not work with UPP for some reason.

Mountain

I would check directories and environment variables. Also, it could be a problem with theide setup. Strangely enough, after my ide was constantly losing MingW dirs, I swithched to MSC.
Re: Problem on building HelloWorld [message #2974 is a reply to message #2674] Tue, 02 May 2006 01:46 Go to previous message
mentaltruckdriver is currently offline  mentaltruckdriver
Promising Member

Mirek[/quote]

Mountain[/quote]

Just a note: The SDK is NOT installed with VC++ Express, I have a copy of 2005 and I had to download the Windows Server SDK before anything would compile.
Previous Topic: Build methods: remote host
Next Topic: LDFLAGS = -mwindows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:36:31 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02837 seconds