Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » How to produce target *.lib?
How to produce target *.lib? [message #2828] Thu, 27 April 2006 06:58 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
How to produce target *.lib?

P.S. Or how to remove that ...:
Linking...
LIBC.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function _mainCRTStartup

I don't need any main... and I don't want dll. And I don't want to spend time to use command line.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 April 2006 07:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to produce target *.lib? [message #2829 is a reply to message #2828] Thu, 27 April 2006 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
It looks like I've found one way. Is this the correct *.lib produced if I create a dummy package and include my "target lib" package and compile "from outside"?
P.S. I can't test it because I can't the way to avoid type clashes - still fighting namespace problems...
Re: How to produce target *.lib? [message #2830 is a reply to message #2829] Thu, 27 April 2006 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
fudadmin wrote on Thu, 27 April 2006 07:08

It looks like I've found one way. Is this the correct *.lib produced if I create a dummy package and include my "target lib" package and compile "from outside"?
P.S. I can't test it because I can't the way to avoid type clashes - still fighting namespace problems...

It looks like it works! Smile
Re: How to produce target *.lib? [message #3032 is a reply to message #2830] Thu, 04 May 2006 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
epigone is currently offline  epigone
It appears you've succeded there where I've failed.
Please, come back with more details on how a large number of C++ files may be compiled together and consequently used as a static link library in a Win GUI application.
Re: How to produce target *.lib? [message #3033 is a reply to message #3032] Thu, 04 May 2006 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
epigone wrote on Thu, 04 May 2006 12:40

It appears you've succeded there where I've failed.
Please, come back with more details on how a large number of C++ files may be compiled together and consequently used as a static link library in a Win GUI application.

What problems do you have exactly? And what steps have you done?
It was useful for me to compile my MyLib.lib as testMyLib.exe first to make sure I don't have any errors.
Re: How to produce target *.lib? [message #3034 is a reply to message #3033] Thu, 04 May 2006 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Regarding project size: One project (package) was nearly 20,000 lines with many files and I don't think that could be a problem...
Re: How to produce target *.lib? [message #3038 is a reply to message #3033] Thu, 04 May 2006 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
epigone is currently offline  epigone
The details requested by fudadmin:
I've downloaded the bundle UPP+MinGW ver. 602 and installed it, since I'm trying to (slowly...) move away from Borland Builder.
First step, to me, would be to have re-built the *.lib files I was using previously with the other compiler and manage them like any other *.a files in the distribution.
I could not find the way to do that from inside TheIDE.
Since my knowledge on gcc and bintools usage are limited, I would prefer to do that from inside IDE (i.e. the way to do the things I got used with, plus laziness ...).
So, how do I use TheIDE and MinGW to build my *.a files ?
Re: How to produce target *.lib? [message #3039 is a reply to message #3038] Thu, 04 May 2006 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
epigone wrote on Thu, 04 May 2006 12:45

I've downloaded the bundle UPP+MinGW ver. 602 and installed it, since I'm trying to (slowly...) move away from Borland Builder.
First step, to me, would be to have re-built the *.lib files I was using previously with the other compiler and manage them like any other *.a files in the distribution.
Since my knowledge on gcc and bintools usage are limited, I would prefer to do that from inside IDE (i.e. the way to do the things I got used with, plus laziness ...).

Actually, why do you need to make .a files? TheIDE way is to use packages - static libraries are just implementation detail...

OTOH, if you really desire to have .a, you can use this implementation detail to your advantage - TheIDE builds .a when producing release version. Simply create some empty main package, perform the build and gather them Smile

Mirek
Re: How to produce target *.lib? [message #3040 is a reply to message #3038] Thu, 04 May 2006 19:30 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
epigone wrote on Thu, 04 May 2006 17:45

1. Why "trying (slowly...)"? Smile If you read our forums, people here start writing tutorials after 1 month with U++...
2. Why MingW? MS Express toolkit and SDK compile faster and are "native" for Win GUI, IMO...
3. If you still have problems, post one set of your "going-to-be -lib" files here (zipped) and I'll make an example for you.
Previous Topic: LDFLAGS = -mwindows
Next Topic: my app doesn't compile under Linux ubuntu 5.10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 13:04:31 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01608 seconds