Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Redmine
Redmine [message #30806] Sun, 23 January 2011 23:43 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
OK, it seems I have succeded installing redmine (well, almost, there is still sendmail config missing...)

Anyway, if you wish to have access to the Redmine, please send me your email. I expect mostly those with access to primary svn to do so, password will be the same.

Note: If you plan to actively participate in U++ development, you NEED an access to the Redmine Smile

Mirek

Re: Redmine [message #30811 is a reply to message #30806] Mon, 24 January 2011 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

mirek wrote on Sun, 23 January 2011 23:43

OK, it seems I have succeded installing redmine (well, almost, there is still sendmail config missing...)

Anyway, if you wish to have access to the Redmine, please send me your email. I expect mostly those with access to primary svn to do so, password will be the same.

Note: If you plan to actively participate in U++ development, you NEED an access to the Redmine Smile

Mirek

Hi Mirek,

So the forum will stay the main bug reporting platform for users and redmine will be used only as internal issue tracking for developers? I can see few advantages (e.g. not so many not-a-bug issues) but on the other hand it seems to me that excluding the users from access (or making them register) might discourage them a little from cooperation...

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Redmine [message #30817 is a reply to message #30811] Mon, 24 January 2011 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

Mantis is not seen as a bugtracker?
Or why the Mantis rejected?

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: Redmine [message #30821 is a reply to message #30811] Mon, 24 January 2011 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
dolik.rce wrote on Mon, 24 January 2011 02:52

So the forum will stay the main bug reporting platform for users and redmine will be used only as internal issue tracking for developers? I can see few advantages (e.g. not so many not-a-bug issues) but on the other hand it seems to me that excluding the users from access (or making them register) might discourage them a little from cooperation...

Best regards,
Honza

I guess we might add a view to website. But I really would like to have bugs reported in the forum first (because of not-a-bug issues).

That said, everything can change later. I guess this is quite conservative first small step...

Mirek
Re: Redmine [message #30822 is a reply to message #30817] Mon, 24 January 2011 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
sergeynikitin wrote on Mon, 24 January 2011 03:59

Mantis is not seen as a bugtracker?
Or why the Mantis rejected?

Everybody has some favorite.

The redmine has won for simple reason - I have experience with it and it is directly supported by ubuntu... (well, uhm, more or less Smile

Re: Redmine [message #30891 is a reply to message #30806] Thu, 27 January 2011 20:58 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
mirek wrote on Sun, 23 January 2011 17:43

Ops, I should have been more clear:

Send me your email ADDRESS -> no need to use email to request redmine access, you can do so by PM or ICQ or whatever. I need the email address because Redmine sends email notifications.
Previous Topic: Upgrading U++ infrastructure server...
Next Topic: Next IRC meeting!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:21:38 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.08374 seconds