Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Assertion failed....
icon8.gif  Assertion failed.... [message #31326] Tue, 22 February 2011 05:02 Go to next message
ezez26 is currently offline  ezez26
I was running my GUI application but I got an assertion failure after the program running a while.
There is an error message box pop up and it shows:

Assertion failed in c\upp\uppsrc\core\Vcont.h, line 33
i>=0 && i<items

Basically my application just reads the received data from the serial port and display the processed data on the GUI. The GUI keeps updating with the incoming data.

It would be appreciated if somebody can help me with that.
Re: Assertion failed.... [message #31327 is a reply to message #31326] Tue, 22 February 2011 07:29 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi ezez26

Welcome to the forum Wink

The assertion prevents writing into Vector outside of its range. Often it is caused by giving negative index, e.g. after unsuccessful Find operation in the VectorMap or something like that. It is impossible for us to tell you where is the error without seeing the code, but you can easily find out yourself by running it in debugger - it will stop just after the assertion and you can find the place in your code where this happend by looking on the backtrace (the dropdown list in the upper part of the debugging section, which is located below the editor). Note that the bad access to the Vector might be located outside of your code and be only consequence of some other actions, e.g. accessing non-existent row in ArrayCtrl or even something more subtle.

Best regards,
Honza
Previous Topic: How to redirect LLOG to stderr?
Next Topic: do upp have an equivalent of "eval()" in Javascript
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:04:36 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03406 seconds