Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Linux (no variants of project types)
Linux (no variants of project types) [message #31403] Tue, 01 March 2011 10:07 Go to next message
Wlad is currently offline  Wlad
Promising Member

when I use ubuntu 10.04 synaptic and install lucid u++ version, I can not see the variants of new packages during startup ide and trying to create new app...

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2011 10:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Linux (no variants of project types) [message #31411 is a reply to message #31403] Tue, 01 March 2011 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hello,

I'm not sure to well understand what you mean...

Maybe it's something similar to what just happened to me ? See dolik.rce's answer Wink

[Updated on: Tue, 01 March 2011 11:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Linux (no variants of project types) [message #31412 is a reply to message #31411] Tue, 01 March 2011 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member

I cant see the list of templates here:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$GettingStarted$en-us.html_ 1.png
It is empty.
Re: Linux (no variants of project types) [message #31414 is a reply to message #31403] Tue, 01 March 2011 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Probably it would be better if somebody knowing well upp answers...

Did you try to click on "Basic CtrlLib application", "Core Project" or "CtrlLib application with main window" ? Seems normal that with "empty" you get no template... I have the same !
Re: Linux (no variants of project types) [message #31420 is a reply to message #31412] Tue, 01 March 2011 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Wlad wrote on Tue, 01 March 2011 11:27

I cant see the list of templates here:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$GettingStarted$en-us.html_ 1.png
It is empty.

Hi Wlad,

Can you check if there are any *.upt files in you U++ sources? There should be e.g. uppsrc/Core/Core.upt. I checked the lucid package and they seem to be present there, so if theyre missing on your system there is probably some other problem.

If the *.upt are at their places, than there must be some problem that prevent theide from seeing/reading them.

Honza
Re: Linux (no variants of project types) [message #31421 is a reply to message #31403] Tue, 01 March 2011 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Can you give more explanations (or link to documentation...) about this, please ?

I don't understand why we should find something with "empty" template ! For me, I have the same as Wlad (but I have something with others choices as I told in my previous post) and always thought that it's normal...

For me, I have .upt files :
~ $ find /usr/share/upp/uppsrc/ -name *.upt -print
/usr/share/upp/uppsrc/Core/core.upt
/usr/share/upp/uppsrc/Core/sub.upt
/usr/share/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/Complex.upt
/usr/share/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/Normal.upt
~ $ find /home/joseph/upp/uppsrc/ -name *.upt -print
/home/joseph/upp/uppsrc/Core/core.upt
/home/joseph/upp/uppsrc/Core/sub.upt
/home/joseph/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/Normal.upt
/home/joseph/upp/uppsrc/CtrlLib/Complex.upt

Re: Linux (no variants of project types) [message #31507 is a reply to message #31414] Mon, 07 March 2011 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member

jibe wrote on Tue, 01 March 2011 12:44

Did you try to click on "Basic CtrlLib application", "Core Project" or "CtrlLib application with main window" ? Seems normal that with "empty" you get no template... I have the same !

Was it a joke? Smile
I repeat: they do not exist in the list of project templates.
Re: Linux (no variants of project types) [message #31508 is a reply to message #31507] Mon, 07 March 2011 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Wlad wrote on Mon, 07 March 2011 22:26

jibe wrote on Tue, 01 March 2011 12:44

Was it a joke? Smile
I repeat: they do not exist in the list of project templates.

I guess jibe just misunderstood what do you refer to by empty Wink Especially since the picture you linked showed situation where the template list actually wasn't empty... Stuff like this happens on forums where many people talking many different languages meet Smile

Anyway, have you tried to look for the .upt files as I suggested? They contain the atemplates, so knowing if they are present is the first step to figure out why this problem happened and how to solve it.

Honza
Re: Linux (no variants of project types) [message #31622 is a reply to message #31508] Fri, 18 March 2011 09:43 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Hi,

dolik.rce wrote on Mon, 07 March 2011 23:02

I guess jibe just misunderstood what do you refer to by empty Wink

Probably... And obviously I still don't understand Embarassed

Sorry, Wlad : I didn't expect to be shocking... Just tried to help not thinking that I was totally misunderstanding what is your problem.
Previous Topic: Error: gdkpixbuf.h
Next Topic: Dialog boxes : why struc instead of class ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 00:07:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05746 seconds