FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Invalid build method
icon8.gif  Invalid build method [message #32246] Tue, 03 May 2011 14:26 Go to next message
Vand is currently offline  Vand

Hi there!

I've just installed TheIDE from svn upp-mirror-read-only, compiled it with the old stable version of TheIDE and got a problem. Now I can't build anything. When I try to build something I got the following error: Invalid build method.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 May 2011 14:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Invalid build method [message #32247 is a reply to message #32246] Tue, 03 May 2011 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Vand wrote on Tue, 03 May 2011 14:26

Hi there!

I've just installed TheIDE from svn upp-mirror-read-only, compiled it with the old stable version of TheIDE and got a problem. Now I can't build anything. When I try to build something I got the following error: Invalid build method.

Hi Vand,

Welcome to the forum Smile

Check that you have a file called GCC.bm in /home/<user>/.upp/theide and that it is readable. If the file is missing, you will most probably have one autogenerated in /usr/share/upp, so just copy it in the proper place. Also check that the build method in theide is set to GCC.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Invalid build method [message #32251 is a reply to message #32247] Tue, 03 May 2011 15:06 Go to previous message
Vand is currently offline  Vand

dolik.rce wrote on Tue, 03 May 2011 14:46

Vand wrote on Tue, 03 May 2011 14:26

Hi there!

Hi Vand,

Welcome to the forum Smile

Check that you have a file called GCC.bm in /home/<user>/.upp/theide and that it is readable. If the file is missing, you will most probably have one autogenerated in /usr/share/upp, so just copy it in the proper place. Also check that the build method in theide is set to GCC.

Best regards,
Honza

Thank you Honza
Yes, the build method was empty.
Previous Topic: How to make .usc files ?
Next Topic: Appearance errors in HelloWorld app build with MSVC++ 10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:01:44 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02407 seconds