Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » Do we really need this ChangeLogs forum?
Do we really need this ChangeLogs forum? [message #3014] Wed, 03 May 2006 12:49 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Do we really need this ChangeLogs forum? Why not just to add topics to the appropriate classified sections with just [FEATURE ADDED -605beta3]? if you want +[CHANGELOG]
Also, I see the following big disadvantages:
1. this duplicates classified feature requests and bug reports or leaves classified sections lacking of important info and/or examples
2. makes navigation more difficult by requiring double browsing or searching in here and in classified.

Even more, with classified and properly filled topic names I think I could add a button with a form to produce those ChangeLogs automatically at any time for any release Wink

What do you think?

[Updated on: Wed, 03 May 2006 12:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Do we really need this ChangeLogs forum? [message #3015 is a reply to message #3014] Wed, 03 May 2006 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Wed, 03 May 2006 06:49

Do we really need this ChangeLogs forum? Why not just to add topics to the appropriate classified sections with just [FEATURE ADDED -605beta3]? if you want +[CHANGELOG]
Also, I see the following big disadvantages:
1. this duplicates classified feature requests and bug reports or leaves classified sections lacking of important info and/or examples
2. makes navigation more difficult by requiring double browsing or searching in here and in classified.

Even more, with classified and properly filled topic names I think I could add a button with a form to produce those ChangeLogs automatically at any time for any release Wink

What do you think?

Yes, we need it.

What you describe is +/- how it worked before introducing it, and it did now worked well...

Mirek

P.S.: Speaking about it, I am not yet sure whether what you are doing with the forum is right, time will tell, IMO there were not much problems before the big bang.

But please, at least, keep this ChangeLogs around Wink
Re: Do we really need this ChangeLogs forum? [message #3017 is a reply to message #3015] Wed, 03 May 2006 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Let's keep. Time and users will tell Wink
Re: Do we really need this ChangeLogs forum? [message #3380 is a reply to message #3014] Mon, 22 May 2006 15:22 Go to previous message
qwerty is currently offline  qwerty
Experienced Member
oh, yes; at least, it's a nice blog Smile
Previous Topic: RichEdit - fixed problem with character overhang...
Next Topic: Patched X11 focus problem....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 01:44:25 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01743 seconds