Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Custom build steps upgrade
Custom build steps upgrade [message #34499] Fri, 25 November 2011 23:47 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Getting ready for W++ development, I decided that we need something to move "website related" (based on extensions) files from package to .exe directory.

A good candidate was "Custom build steps", so I have upgraded it to achieve this task by adding embedded "cp" command and a couple of new variables.

The required task can now be achieved by

cp $(PATH) $(EXEDIR)/$(PACKAGE)/$(RELPATH)

List of actual Custom build steps features is available in its definition dialog in theide...

Mirek

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2011 09:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Custom build steps upgrade [message #34617 is a reply to message #34499] Fri, 02 December 2011 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Mirek, is it the same ability which was discussed here?
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6413& amp;start=0&S=5f0c9d23efc859f2c62f67bbad3a2389
Re: Custom build steps upgrade [message #34619 is a reply to message #34617] Fri, 02 December 2011 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Fri, 02 December 2011 02:44

Mirek, is it the same ability which was discussed here?
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6413& amp; amp;start=0&S=5f0c9d23efc859f2c62f67bbad3a2389

If I understand you well, then well, yes. Nice to hear that it had solved another problem Smile

One more note: 'cp' creates all required target folders.
Re: Custom build steps upgrade [message #34621 is a reply to message #34619] Fri, 02 December 2011 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor

I've just updated U++ from SVN, recompiled TheIDE and tried this feature:

index.php?t=getfile&id=3566&private=0

It gave me following output after linking:
.post-link
cp  .post-link/out1/Silos.exe

And regretfully it is not the thing which is needed. The command needed is something like
cp c:\upp\out\PROJECTS\MSC9.Debug.Debug_Full.Gui.Io.Mt\Silos.exe f:/SOURCES/Silos/out

The second directory f:/SOURCES/Silos/out shouldn't be entered as full path into TheIDE/"Custom build steps"/"Commands". Instead there must be something like $(PROJECT)/out
Is it possible to do this?
  • Attachment: shot.png
    (Size: 40.20KB, Downloaded 552 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2011 09:59]

Re: Custom build steps upgrade [message #34624 is a reply to message #34621] Fri, 02 December 2011 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
What about EXEPATH, EXEDIR, EXEFILE instead?

OUT* is tied to "current file", which is problem for "phony" filename...
Re: Custom build steps upgrade [message #34626 is a reply to message #34624] Fri, 02 December 2011 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor

mirek wrote on Fri, 02 December 2011 13:13

If I understand you correctly, EXEPATH,EXEDIR,EXEFILE doesn't fit here, because I wish to copy output binary to some directory inside my project sources directory.
I.e. project resides in "f:/SOURCES/Silos" direcory.
And there is "f:/SOURCES/Silos/TEST_OUTPUT" directory where we keep a number of config files and data. So I wish that a new binary is copied there as automatic build step. The problem is TheIDE doesn't understand $(PROJECT) macro and custom post-link command
cp $(EXEPATH) $(PROJECT)/TEST_OUTPUT
is executed by TheIDE as
cp C:\upp\out\PROJECTS\MSC9.Debug.Debug_Full.Gui.Io.Mt\Silos.exe /TEST_OUTPUT

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2011 12:03]

Re: Custom build steps upgrade [message #34627 is a reply to message #34626] Fri, 02 December 2011 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Fri, 02 December 2011 06:00

mirek wrote on Fri, 02 December 2011 13:13

If I understand you correctly, EXEPATH,EXEDIR,EXEFILE doesn't fit here, because I wish to copy output binary to some directory inside my project sources directory.

Ah, I see, sorry. For me it is from project to output binary dir...

I guess there is a little problem, as there can be more than single assembly. But perhaps a macro for FIRST assembly folder would do?

Mirek
Re: Custom build steps upgrade [message #34632 is a reply to message #34627] Fri, 02 December 2011 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor

I'm not sure if I correctly understand what these assemblies (you mentioned in this context) are. You mean the package with custom build steps may be included into multiple assemblies? If so, then, no problem, the desired macro should define root directory of package sources, it is the same regardless the assembly. Even better approach is to add macro defining root directory for current main package sources.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2011 23:11]

Re: Custom build steps upgrade [message #34648 is a reply to message #34632] Sat, 03 December 2011 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Contributor

To summarize our discussion, is it possible to add package-relative macro to TheIDE?
This would be REALLY very convenient for team developpment.
Thansk in forward.
If I may be in help, please tell. I'm highly interested in this feature for current project, so I'll do everything that is needed (programming, testing, whatever).
Re: Custom build steps upgrade (publish step) [message #34657 is a reply to message #34648] Sun, 04 December 2011 01:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sender Ghost is currently offline  Sender Ghost
Hello, Pavel.

After reading your discussion with Mirek, I created publish step for TheIDE, which invoked after successful linking, if exists.

Example usage for your case:
cp $(EXEPATH) $(DIR)/TEST_OUTPUT/$(EXEFILE)

In the attachment you could find the patch and changed files for TheIDE, relative to 4239 revision.

To note:
Just an idea of implementation.
Re: Custom build steps upgrade [message #34659 is a reply to message #34648] Sun, 04 December 2011 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Sat, 03 December 2011 13:32

To summarize our discussion, is it possible to add package-relative macro to TheIDE?

I have now changed the behaviour so that DIR macro for .pre-link, .post-link now returns main package folder.

I believe this should solve your problem.
Re: Custom build steps upgrade [message #34665 is a reply to message #34659] Sun, 04 December 2011 17:16 Go to previous message
Experienced Contributor

Thanks to all of you, Mirek and Sender Ghost! This will be the most helpful changes.
Previous Topic: CParser::GetSpacePtr
Next Topic: Sql::SetSession, Sql0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:36:21 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01884 seconds