FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » Securing MySQL Traffic
icon5.gif  Securing MySQL Traffic [message #3486] Fri, 26 May 2006 22:32 Go to next message
Justin is currently offline  Justin
Hi Guys,

I have noticed that MySQL is sending clear text information (including passwords) from my application. I was wondering if there were any methods available to me for encrypting this data. I know that SSH might be an option, but is there anything integrated into U++ that I might be able to utilize for me to accomplish this? TIA

Justin
Re: Securing MySQL Traffic [message #3487 is a reply to message #3486] Fri, 26 May 2006 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/mysql-real-connect.ht ml

Looks like MySql should support "SSL" connection, unfortunately, this is not in U++ MySql interface yet.

This change should not be too difficult, will you try?

Mirek
Re: Securing MySQL Traffic [message #3488 is a reply to message #3487] Sat, 27 May 2006 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin is currently offline  Justin
According to that link, you would not use the CLIENT_SSL flag within the mysql_real_connect() function. That file suggested using mysql_ssl_set() before using mysql_real_connect(). Unfortunately this looks like a pain since it would require some type of file for the certificate and key.

Do you know of any API's for SSH that might work for me? The reason I am looking into SSH is because there would be no external files necessary for the encryption. Everthing would be easier in the long run. With SSL, it gets annoying when you have to purchase certificates.

Justin

[Updated on: Sat, 27 May 2006 00:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Securing MySQL Traffic [message #3489 is a reply to message #3488] Sat, 27 May 2006 07:31 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Sorry, I know only a little about this issues...

Anyway, perhaps discussion here would help:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/secure-basics.html

Mirek
Previous Topic: SQL Error[SOLVED]
Next Topic: sqlite3 compile problems on fresh install
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:28:26 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01243 seconds