Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » [SOLVED] CtrlLib/Ctrl.iml:41:1: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token
[SOLVED] CtrlLib/Ctrl.iml:41:1: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token [message #35697] Tue, 13 March 2012 19:34 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
This error is killing me.
I want to move my test *.mm files from UNS and SkeletonCoc packages (which compiles fine), bet if I add any new *.mm files to the main testing package which contains *.cpp files, I got this error:
CtrlLib/Ctrl.iml:41:1: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token

So, most likely, this is related to objc and Draw/iml_header.h. I tried many different combinations of includes and package structuring but... I guess I need to understand the intrinsics of iml_header.h

Combined Posibilities:
1 for objc and/or c++
2 include or exclude some header
3 or define or undef something?

iml_header.h:
class IMAGECLASS {
public:
#define IMAGE_BEGIN(n) I_##n,
#define IMAGE_ID(n) I_##n,
	enum {
#include IMAGEFILE
		COUNT
	};
#undef  IMAGE_BEGIN
#undef  IMAGE_ID

line 41:
IMAGE_ID(check)

my guess - IMAGE_ID becomes undefined at the wrong moment (when is included/compiles objc (where?)) for some reasons... what reasons?

Need some clues..

[Updated on: Wed, 14 March 2012 01:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CtrlLib/Ctrl.iml:41:1: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token [message #35702 is a reply to message #35697] Tue, 13 March 2012 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
It's macro, so it may be redefined in mac headers? Did you check preprocessor output?
Re: CtrlLib/Ctrl.iml:41:1: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token [message #35703 is a reply to message #35702] Wed, 14 March 2012 01:30 Go to previous message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
mr_ped wrote on Tue, 13 March 2012 21:47

It's macro, so it may be redefined in mac headers? Did you check preprocessor output?

SOLVED! (and maybe this is the only way)

Thanks, mr_ped. Your preprocessor idea directed me towards a victory against my forgetfullness Smile. Btw, your idea had one more side-effect - to discover that theide has got gcc -E built-in! I was aware of gcc -E but never used it. So, the code generated output was big and didn't look suspicious to me. I didn't study it too much. But while exploring I started thinking about *.h files. And then the lightning struck!.. Smile ... Started thinking about other packages.. XCode objc and..

I added one more *.h file to the package and included into TEST.mm -eureka!

So, if you have *.cpp and .mm files in your packages 1(one!) *.h file is not enough! And mostly *.mm and *.h go in pairs.

By accident I have been using that way all the time...
It would be good to understand what is inside the compiler thinking in this case.. Confused

Thanks a lot mr_ped once again!

Previous Topic: changes needed in Upp <Core> to run cocoa properly
Next Topic: Installation, I need Help!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:28:34 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05988 seconds