Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Stripping unnecessary classes
Stripping unnecessary classes [message #3576] Fri, 02 June 2006 15:53 Go to next message
Starlyght is currently offline  Starlyght
Hi

I'm really starting to like U++. I have a question though:

I would like to optimize my executables size (I use static linking), and I thought I read somewhere you can strip unnecessary classes/components from U++. I'm afraid I have no clue how to do that though, so I was hoping someone could explain it to me?

U++ is what got me from VB6 to C++ Smile

Starlyght
Re: Stripping unnecessary classes [message #3585 is a reply to message #3576] Sun, 04 June 2006 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Starlyght wrote on Fri, 02 June 2006 09:53

Hi

I'm really starting to like U++. I have a question though:

I would like to optimize my executables size (I use static linking), and I thought I read somewhere you can strip unnecessary classes/components from U++. I'm afraid I have no clue how to do that though, so I was hoping someone could explain it to me?

U++ is what got me from VB6 to C++ Smile

Starlyght

Well, this is done automatically by linker.

In fact, in 605 stable version, there are some reserves that are being resolved now - current "minimal GUI .exe" is about 700KB (compiled with MSC7.1).

I am afraid that going below that is unlikely and in fact, I do not consider this an important design goal.

Mirek
Re: Stripping unnecessary classes [message #3596 is a reply to message #3576] Mon, 05 June 2006 10:39 Go to previous message
Starlyght is currently offline  Starlyght
Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad it happens automatically. The exe size is quite small compared to the amount of features it can contain, so I'm happy Smile
Previous Topic: two state button via layout designer
Next Topic: How do I use WIndows Message pump timer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 14:14:27 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03496 seconds