FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » Problem with "Time" type in XML strings
Problem with "Time" type in XML strings [message #36079] Tue, 24 April 2012 16:49 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Mirek

There have been a change that have affected a "Ye olde reliable" code I have Smile .

After debugging I have found that in the past, Time vars used "Time" tag in XML strings. However, now the tag is a lowercase "time".

The problem is that in Value.cpp, line 375, GetType(name) with name == "Time", returns -1. It works well with "time" returning 5.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Problem with "Time" type in XML strings [message #36083 is a reply to message #36079] Thu, 26 April 2012 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

+1
I've spent two evenings debugging why big project failed to work with latest big changes in U++.
After changing "Time" to "time" in XML configuration, everything started working.

So far we have two options:
1. Change "time" -> "Time" in latest U++. We will have "binary" compatibility with "old" XML files. Which may be very important.
2. We may keep "time", but in this case we should change "String" -> "string" to comply latest changes. This may be less important than having compatibility with old code generated files.
Re: Problem with "Time" type in XML strings [message #36084 is a reply to message #36083] Thu, 26 April 2012 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
I agree. For me it is very important to maintain compatibility with old XML files.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Problem with "Time" type in XML strings [message #36097 is a reply to message #36084] Fri, 27 April 2012 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
koldo wrote on Thu, 26 April 2012 02:40

I agree. For me it is very important to maintain compatibility with old XML files.

I am really sorry, this was not intended change, rather just a typo.

It is now Time/Date (as before).

Mirek
Re: Problem with "Time" type in XML strings [message #36102 is a reply to message #36097] Fri, 27 April 2012 12:37 Go to previous message
Senior Veteran
No problem. Thank you Smile .

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: Debugging XML files
Next Topic: problem with Format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:26:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01520 seconds