Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Using an existing win32 control.
Using an existing win32 control. [message #36644] Sat, 23 June 2012 12:06 Go to next message
rxantos is currently offline  rxantos
What would be the procedure of adding an existing Win32 control to an application using Ultimate++?

I'm thinking of using a class derived from Upp::Ctrl and then set control as a child window of the window of the Upp::Ctrl class. But I don't know how to make Upp::Ctrl avoid drawing its background. Nor do I know what do I need to intercept when the control is resized (so I can resize the child control).

Does anyone have an example or at least an indication on how to do it?

Re: Using an existing win32 control. [message #36649 is a reply to message #36644] Sun, 24 June 2012 06:38 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi,

You can try to have a look at DHCtrl - it is a Ctrl derived class that allows you to access the HWND directly, so it might be the best way. I have almost no win32 programming experience, however, so I can't tell if it is even possible to run win32 control without win32 event loop.

To see how how to do the resizing and other event handling, have a look at GLCtrl. It uses DHCtrl to paint OpenGL graphics directly on U++ widget and will probably give few good hints.

Out of curiosity, what kind of control would you like to use this way? It might be actually easier to implement it in U++, or it might be even implemented by someone Wink

Best regards,
Honza
Previous Topic: GUI and printf
Next Topic: mousepos / click for a widget...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:25:13 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01510 seconds