Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » How install Upp under Ubuntu Hardy from PPA?
Re: How install Upp under Ubuntu Hardy from PPA? [message #36721 is a reply to message #26147] Thu, 28 June 2012 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
Thanks Honza

Getting the "step-by-step guide" link fixed will help.

dolik.rce wrote on Sun, 24 June 2012 23:58

To verify this, you can check if the U++ sources appeared in /usr/share/upp and theide binary should be present in /usr/bin. Also, TheIDE icon should appear in your desktop environment menu/application launcher.

I am not very familiar with Ubuntu software center, so I can't really tell why it didn't found upp package. I think it should be there as soon as you update package list.

Yes you did mention where the data is installed. But /usr/share/upp/uppsrc/ has ide rather than theide. /usr/bin does have theide. In Win and when using the .sh script the config box comes up. I didn't see the icon on the desktop or any menu until the config was run. Then it was in the side bar, right clicked and locked it there but it is not on the desktop.

I found that Synaptics can be installed on 12.04 but is not installed by default.
Much of the confusion is mine, I have not used Ubuntu much since installing 11.04 and found out that the ATI driver for the .dds format was not supported. They got that fixed in 12.04

[Updated on: Thu, 28 June 2012 22:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How install Upp under Ubuntu Hardy from PPA? [message #36850 is a reply to message #36721] Wed, 11 July 2012 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi Honza

The "step-by-step guide" link has not been fixed yet.

The .sh file seemed the easiest.
Maybe renaming that to install-upp and have a link to that would help others.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 July 2012 22:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How install Upp under Ubuntu Hardy from PPA? [message #36860 is a reply to message #26147] Fri, 13 July 2012 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Neil,

The new guide is committed now, it should appear on the web tomorrow. Sorry it took so long.

The Download pages in french, german and russian are now slightly of sync. Could someone speaking those languages please update it? I just changed the link so it is not broken, but the wording might need to change little bit. Thanks.

Honza
Re: How install Upp under Ubuntu Hardy from PPA? [message #36862 is a reply to message #26147] Sat, 14 July 2012 02:50 Go to previous message
Contributor
Thanks Honza

My problem is I usually work with Win OS with upp so even some of the basics in the Linux OS I am not familiar.

Previous Topic: Open TheIDE in "Restore Down" rather than full screen
Next Topic: TheIDE configuration Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 07:40:17 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05541 seconds