FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » TheIDE configuration Problems
icon9.gif  TheIDE configuration Problems [message #36905] Thu, 19 July 2012 16:24 Go to next message
Crawlabase is currently offline  Crawlabase
Hi,
I am using Backtrack 5 R1 (should be like Ubuntu), 32Bit with Gnome. The current user is root.
I tried to install TheIDE from the Debian Package File 'theide_4194-2~precise0_i386.deb'.
For the installation i used the following command:
Quote:

dpkg -i '/root/Desktop/theide_4194-2~precise0_i386.deb'

But i got the following output:
Quote:

Selecting previously deselected package theide.
(Reading database ... 242795 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking theide (from .../theide_4194-2~precise0_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of theide:
theide depends on libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 (>= 2.22.0); however:
Package libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0 is not installed.
dpkg: error processing theide (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Processing triggers for python-gmenu ...
Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/desktop.en_US.utf8.cache...
Processing triggers for python-support ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
theide

So TheIDE got wrong configurated. When I try to compile a Project I get the "Invalid build method" error.

The Compiler is set to GCC, but the GCC.bm file doesn't exist in any directory on my computer.

I am sorry for asking (and the bad english), but I tried perpetual and don't found an working solution.

Any ideas for fixing the problem?

Greetings,
Mike

7d80a8c7e1ea9718eee1f23cc5e80f0b

[Updated on: Thu, 19 July 2012 17:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TheIDE configuration Problems [message #36906 is a reply to message #36905] Thu, 19 July 2012 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum Cool

The problem is not in the package, it is that dpkg doesn't handle dependencies. It only installs the package you supply to the -i switch, but not the packages it depends on. To fix this, you can use following command to install the missing dependencies and run the configuration step for theide:
apt-get install -f

This will run the postinst skript that creates GCC.bm, so it should fix all your problems.

Now just to be sure: Are you sure you want to install only theide package? Most users would want to have "upp" as well. The only exceptions are when 1) you want to use sources from svn and/or 2) you want to use theide for non-U++ projects. Both is OK, I just want to make sure you know what are you doing Wink

Secondly, I am not familiar with Backtrack, but since it is Ubuntu derivative, you might consider trying to install U++ from PPA as described in this guide. The advantage of PPA is that the packages will be updated in the same way as the rest of your system. With dpkg you would have to install the packages manualy every time you want to upgrade.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: TheIDE configuration Problems [message #36908 is a reply to message #36905] Thu, 19 July 2012 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crawlabase is currently offline  Crawlabase
Hi
Thank you for answering.

I tried "apt-get -f install" but this command removes TheIDE if it's installed.

Quote:

root@bt:~# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
theide
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 47 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 9,528kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

I want to use TheIDE with U++ support. So I've followed these Instructions: http://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$SrcUpdater$LinuxInstallGui de$en-us.html.

I dont know why but PPA not seems to work with Backtrack. For example: I've used "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dolik-rce/upp" but the Terminal output says, that this command doesn't exist.

Backtrack 5 were created with sources from Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx.

Maybe any other ideas?

I only want to develop my applications with the U++ framework. I tried only with GCC, but i've no idea how to use the source (downloaded from the svn - upp-mirror-read-only)

Greetings,
Mike

7d80a8c7e1ea9718eee1f23cc5e80f0b

[Updated on: Thu, 19 July 2012 23:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: TheIDE configuration Problems [message #36910 is a reply to message #36908] Fri, 20 July 2012 09:12 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Crawlabase wrote on Thu, 19 July 2012 21:47

Hi
Thank you for answering.

I tried "apt-get -f install" but this command removes TheIDE if it's installed.

Well, it tries to solve the dependency problems in the simplest way possible. I guess it figured out that removing theide is the easiest solution this time Smile It can be sometimes a stupid tool...

But let's try to install from the PPA.

Crawlabase wrote on Thu, 19 July 2012 21:47

I dont know why but PPA not seems to work with Backtrack. For example: I've used "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dolik-rce/upp" but the Terminal output says, that this command doesn't exist.

It is possible to make this work even without this command, although it requires slightly more work. In the guide, there is a grayed paragraph that explains how to install on older versions of ubuntu. Please try following the instruction there, they should perfectly replace the missing add-apt-repository command. Since you say that Backtrack is based on Lucid Lynx, the two lines that should go to your /etc/apt/sources.list should be:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/dolik-rce/upp/ubuntu lucid main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/dolik-rce/upp/ubuntu lucid main

If you get errors when issuing the "apt-key" command, you don't have to stop. It should work even without it, but it would warn you at each upgrade that the packages are not trusted since their signatures couldn't be checked.

I hope this will work, but it actually depends on how much Backtrack differs from Ubuntu, so I can't tell for sure.

Honza
Previous Topic: How install Upp under Ubuntu Hardy from PPA?
Next Topic: Add layout
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 17:37:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02179 seconds