Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » How to set a specific libstdc++?
How to set a specific libstdc++? [message #3868] Tue, 04 July 2006 09:19 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

when I build my application under Ubuntu (BLITZ + Shared libs)theIDE automatically use libstdc++6 although I've also libstdc++5. Some users using Suse and libstdc++5 report to be not able to run the program. They suggested me to link against the old libstdc++5 to increase the portability. How to do it? (Please consider that Blitz + All static option doesn't work and the only build method that works is only BLITZ + Shared libs).

Thank you,
Luigi
Re: How to set a specific libstdc++? [message #3870 is a reply to message #3868] Tue, 04 July 2006 20:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
forlano wrote on Tue, 04 July 2006 09:19

Hello,

when I build my application under Ubuntu (BLITZ + Shared libs)theIDE automatically use libstdc++6 although I've also libstdc++5. Some users using Suse and libstdc++5 report to be not able to run the program. They suggested me to link against the old libstdc++5 to increase the portability. How to do it? (Please consider that Blitz + All static option doesn't work and the only build method that works is BLITZ + Shared libs).

Thank you,
Luigi

Another solution is maybe to link statically the libstdc++6. But how to tell to theIDE to perform this task? Any idea?

Luigi
Re: How to set a specific libstdc++? [message #3871 is a reply to message #3870] Wed, 05 July 2006 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
maybe try to have a look at "Package organizer" -> "Core" package -> Solaris - Link options.
What if to make something similar for you project?
Personally, I would experiment by trying to prevent linking the "bad" library (or e.g move to another dir) for any other packages involved and/or add Link option for your package.
But this is just an idea and I have little Linux experience...
Re: How to set a specific libstdc++? [message #3872 is a reply to message #3871] Wed, 05 July 2006 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
if you need linker options...
http://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/manual/ld-2.9.1/html_no de/ld_3.html
Re: How to set a specific libstdc++? [message #7920 is a reply to message #3870] Wed, 31 January 2007 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
forlano wrote on Tue, 04 July 2006 20:08

Another solution is maybe to link statically the libstdc++6. But how to tell to theIDE to perform this task? Any idea?

Luigi

Recently I got the answer to the problem of statically link libstdc++6 to my app:

Menu Package Organiser:
add the following link option to your package (right click):
-static-libgcc

Menu Setup/Build Method, in LIB section add (right click):
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.2

The last two rows are those in which reside the libs to link.
Luigi
Re: How to set a specific libstdc++? [message #7921 is a reply to message #7920] Wed, 31 January 2007 14:44 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I believe that the only safe way how to link different stdlibc++ is to use appropriate GCC version.... (that is why there is "compiler name" in BM setup).

AFAIK, stdlibc++ is bound to that.

Mirek
Previous Topic: How to Include Cairomm in Ultimate++?
Next Topic: libpng runtime errors in user app
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:49:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 4.02534 seconds