Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Ultimate++ vs WTL and others?
Ultimate++ vs WTL and others? [message #39119] Sat, 16 February 2013 19:46 Go to next message
skan is currently offline  skan
Promising Member
Hello

How does Ultimate++ compare to WTL?
(longer code, easier to learn, faster...)
(I know that U++ has it's own development GUI)

¿And to SDL, SFML or Ogre3D?
I know that these ones aim to develop games, but what if one just wants to create an intereractive menu or the minesweeper game?
Re: Ultimate++ vs WTL and others? [message #39122 is a reply to message #39119] Sat, 16 February 2013 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
Try all of them.

As you get more experienced at programming the advantages of using U++ can be appreciated.
Re: Ultimate++ vs WTL and others? [message #39162 is a reply to message #39119] Wed, 20 February 2013 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lectus is currently offline  lectus
U++ is more feature rich than other frameworks.

It contains GUI, SQL, Sockets, Web Framework, etc.

SDL and Ogre3D are graphics/game libraries. You can't really compare them to U++.

You can use U++ core containers and classes with SDL just fine.

Re: Ultimate++ vs WTL and others? [message #39165 is a reply to message #39162] Thu, 21 February 2013 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
thanks

I would like to mix CUDA (probably using Visual Studio) and I would like to also create a GUI (and Ultimate++ looks nice) but I don't know if I can mix it all properly or if is better to create separate dlls...

[Updated on: Thu, 21 February 2013 01:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Ultimate++ vs WTL and others? [message #39170 is a reply to message #39165] Fri, 22 February 2013 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Skan

U++ do not encapsulate the libs in DLLs. You just deploy a .EXE that simply runs.

Anyway you can call DLLs from U++ or create U++ DLLs that can be called from another programs.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Ultimate++ vs WTL and others? [message #39172 is a reply to message #39170] Fri, 22 February 2013 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
I don't understand if "it doesn't encapsulate the libs in DLLs" how do "you create U++ DLLs that can be called from another programs"?
Re: Ultimate++ vs WTL and others? [message #39173 is a reply to message #39172] Fri, 22 February 2013 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

skan wrote on Fri, 22 February 2013 12:40

I don't understand if "it doesn't encapsulate the libs in DLLs" how do "you create U++ DLLs that can be called from another programs"?

The first statement means that everything is compiled into single binary file (ussualy executable), which can be used without any further DLL dependencies. But it is also possible to compile it into DLL, instead of exe, and use that in other applications.

Honza
Re: Ultimate++ vs WTL and others? [message #39174 is a reply to message #39173] Fri, 22 February 2013 14:35 Go to previous message
Promising Member
OK, thanks.
I will look for information on how to use a dll from another application, I-m just starting with all this.

regards
Previous Topic: How to create a U++ based DLL?
Next Topic: does u++ not support C++ exception ???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:05:31 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01237 seconds