Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » about makefile produced by theIDE
about makefile produced by theIDE [message #3930] Sun, 09 July 2006 23:57 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

under Ubunto 5.10 my application is compiled by theIDE in a 3 MB executable (shared + blitz). Today I tried to compile my application using the Makefile produced by theIDE itself. It was impossible. After many temptives I've understood the reason; in the makefile was
absent the path of the freetype2 font.

----------------------------------------------
UPPDIR1 = /home/vega/upp/MyApps/
UPPDIR2 = /home/vega/upp/uppsrc/

UPPOUT = /home/vega/upp/out/
CINC = -I$(UPPDIR1) -I$(UPPDIR2) I/usr/include/freetype2
---------------------------------------------

This is not necessary in Windows. Of course this include is present in the menu item Setup/Build Method.

Moreover the dimension of the executable became 4.4 MB instead of the previous 3. This means that the Makefile generated do not reflect the same setting used by theIDE to produce its exe file.

Luigi

PS: I hope the Italian visit was interesting despite the strike of the taxidriver that paralized many cities
Re: about makefile produced by theIDE [message #3941 is a reply to message #3930] Mon, 10 July 2006 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
BLITZ increases binary size. Do NOT use BLITZ for release versions.

As for makefile, well, sorry about that. Makefile generator is intended as auxiliary tool - if you want to distribute your code with makefile. In that case, you are supposed to finish the makefile manually.

Mirek
Re: about makefile produced by theIDE [message #4032 is a reply to message #3941] Mon, 17 July 2006 03:20 Go to previous message
3togo is currently offline  3togo
How about modified the library line inside *.upp files as below:

library(LINUX !XLFD !SHARED) "fontconfig Xrender freetype expat Xau Xdmcp";
Previous Topic: compilation problem in DrawX11.cpp
Next Topic: Compiling Errors 607-dev2 on Ubuntu(Edgy)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 01:01:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07477 seconds