Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » ScatterCtrl / ScatterDraw - ShowLegend() problem and general Question
ScatterCtrl / ScatterDraw - ShowLegend() problem and general Question [message #39736] Mon, 22 April 2013 16:35 Go to next message
OliverSo is currently offline  OliverSo
Promising Member
Hello,

I am playing around with the ScatterCtrl / ScatterDraw packages. Apprently these packages are still under develoment.

In ScatterCtrl the function body for ShowLegend() is missing. If you remove the checkbox in the Layout-Designer or try to use this function otherwise in a ScatterCtrl, the Code will not compile.

Are these packages stable enough to be used, or are severe changes expected in the (near) future?

Oliver
Re: ScatterCtrl / ScatterDraw - ShowLegend() problem and general Question [message #39747 is a reply to message #39736] Tue, 23 April 2013 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Olivier

Quote:

I am playing around with the ScatterCtrl / ScatterDraw packages.
Thank you. Please check them and report as many bugs and improvements as you want.

Quote:

Apprently these packages are still under develoment.
Laughing Of course, everything is in development.

Quote:

In ScatterCtrl the function body for ShowLegend() is missing. If you remove the checkbox in the Layout-Designer or try to use this function otherwise in a ScatterCtrl, the Code will not compile.
You are right. ShowLegend() is not used. The function really used is ShowInfo(). I will upload the fix ASAP.

Quote:

Are these packages stable enough to be used, or are severe changes expected in the (near) future?
They have not have severe changes from the beginning and it is no expected to have them in the future Smile.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: ScatterCtrl / ScatterDraw - ShowLegend() problem and general Question [message #39758 is a reply to message #39747] Tue, 23 April 2013 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OliverSo is currently offline  OliverSo
Promising Member
Well, than I will continue to use it. Anyhow, it behaves similar to all other u++ packages: I get something working quite fast, but sometimes I don't know exactly, why Wink

koldo wrote on Tue, 23 April 2013 09:01

You are right. ShowLegend() is not used. The function really used is ShowInfo(). I will upload the fix ASAP.

I think having ShowLegend(const bool& show = true) in ScatterCtrl is ok, as this method is also available in ScatterDraw.

I would propose to implement it like this:

ScatterCtrl& ShowLegend(const bool& show = true) 	
				{ScatterDraw::ShowLegend(show); return *this;}

similar to all the other ScatterDraw wrapper methods in ScatterCtrl.

Oliver
Re: ScatterCtrl / ScatterDraw - ShowLegend() problem and general Question [message #39762 is a reply to message #39758] Wed, 24 April 2013 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Oliver

You are right. Sorry for the misunderstanding. ShowLegend() and ShowInfo() are different. I am going to document them now.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: ScatterCtrl / ScatterDraw - ShowLegend() problem and general Question [message #39803 is a reply to message #39762] Wed, 01 May 2013 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi Koldo,

I just updated my upp to latest svn and noticed you're last ScatterDraw / ScatterCtrl updates.

It doesn't compile under Linux
----- ScatterCtrl_Demo ( GUI MAIN GCC SHARED BLITZ LINUX POSIX ) (15 / 15)
BLITZ: main.cpp tab1.cpp tab2.cpp tab3.cpp tab4.cpp tab5.cpp tab6.cpp tab7.cpp tab8.cpp tab9.cpp tab10.cpp tab11.cpp tabPie.cpp
plugin/Eigen: 1 file(s) built in (0:00.01), 14 msecs / file, duration = 49 msecs, parallelization 91%
In file included from /users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/ScatterDraw.h:6:0,
                 from /users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/ScatterDraw.cpp:1,
                 from /users/didier/upp.out/examples/ScatterDraw/GCC.Blitz.Gui.Shared/$blitz.cpp:3:
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h: In constructor ‘Upp::VectorDouble::VectorDouble(const Upp::Vector<double>&, Upp::Vector<double>&)’:
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h:133:32: warning: ‘Upp::VectorDouble::yData’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h:133:24: warning:   ‘const Upp::Vector<double>* Upp::VectorDouble::xData’ [-Wreorder]
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h:136:2: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h: In constructor ‘Upp::ArrayDouble::ArrayDouble(const Upp::Array<double>&, Upp::Array<double>&)’:
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h:144:36: warning: ‘Upp::ArrayDouble::yData’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h:144:28: warning:   ‘const Upp::Array<double>* Upp::ArrayDouble::xData’ [-Wreorder]
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h:147:2: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
In file included from /users/didier/upp.out/examples/ScatterDraw/GCC.Blitz.Gui.Shared/$blitz.cpp:14:0:
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/Equation.cpp: At global scope:
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/Equation.cpp:9:55: error: expected template-name before ‘<’ token
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/Equation.cpp:9:55: error: expected ‘{’ before ‘<’ token
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/Equation.cpp:9:55: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘<’ token
In file included from /users/didier/upp.out/examples/ScatterDraw/GCC.Blitz.Gui.Shared/$blitz.cpp:18:0:
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/PieDraw.cpp:228:2: error: expected ‘}’ at end of input
ScatterDraw: 4 file(s) built in (0:00.46), 117 msecs / file, duration = 2520 msecs, parallelization 100%
In file included from /users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/ScatterDraw.h:6:0,
                 from /users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterCtrl/ScatterCtrl.h:5,
                 from /users/didier/upp/examples/ScatterCtrl_Demo/ScatterCtrl_Demo.h:4,
                 from /users/didier/upp/examples/ScatterCtrl_Demo/main.cpp:1,
                 from /users/didier/upp.out/examples/ScatterCtrl_Demo/GCC.Blitz.Gui.Main.Shared/$blitz.cpp:3:
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h: In constructor ‘Upp::VectorDouble::VectorDouble(const Upp::Vector<double>&, Upp::Vector<double>&)’:
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h:133:32: warning: ‘Upp::VectorDouble::yData’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h:133:24: warning:   ‘const Upp::Vector<double>* Upp::VectorDouble::xData’ [-Wreorder]
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h:136:2: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h: In constructor ‘Upp::ArrayDouble::ArrayDouble(const Upp::Array<double>&, Upp::Array<double>&)’:
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h:144:36: warning: ‘Upp::ArrayDouble::yData’ will be initialized after [-Wreorder]
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h:144:28: warning:   ‘const Upp::Array<double>* Upp::ArrayDouble::xData’ [-Wreorder]
/users/didier/upp/uppsrc/ScatterDraw/DataSource.h:147:2: warning:   when initialized here [-Wreorder]
ScatterCtrl_Demo: 13 file(s) built in (0:03.02), 232 msecs / file, duration = 5017 msecs, parallelization 53%

Something seems missing ?

[Updated on: Wed, 01 May 2013 13:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ScatterCtrl / ScatterDraw - ShowLegend() problem and general Question [message #39804 is a reply to message #39803] Wed, 01 May 2013 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Didier

The package has been tested successfully with Linux Mint 14 "Nadia" with a 3.5.0-17-generic (x86_64) kernel and compiled with gcc 4.7.2.. In addition it was tested with MSC10 and MinGW 32 and 64 bits.

I have tried to analyze the warnings but I do not know the reasons of the problems. Could you try a Build All and post the gcc version?

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: ScatterCtrl / ScatterDraw - ShowLegend() problem and general Question [message #39805 is a reply to message #39804] Wed, 01 May 2013 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
I should have stripped thé warnings before posting

The error occurs in 'équation.CPP' : i Think something is missing in the svn version
Maybe a file ?

Re: ScatterCtrl / ScatterDraw - ShowLegend() problem and general Question [message #39807 is a reply to message #39805] Thu, 02 May 2013 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Didier

Oh yes, you are right. I should have to update uppsrc/plugin/Eigen package in svn before Rolling Eyes

Thank you!

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: ScatterCtrl / ScatterDraw - ShowLegend() problem and general Question [message #39814 is a reply to message #39807] Thu, 02 May 2013 21:22 Go to previous message
Senior Veteran
Updated!

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: Displaying raw image data
Next Topic: Socket Communication 101
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:24:32 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01154 seconds