Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features
ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features [message #39821] Sat, 04 May 2013 02:19 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello all

ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl classes have some new features:

- Trend lines
They can be handled outside Scatter classes by using ExplicitEquation class. This class can fit your data to any equation supplied.
index.php?t=getfile&id=4161&private=0

It is incredibly simple to use Smile

- Properties window
Scatter properties window is activated by clicking right mouse button and choosing "Properties". It lets you change some properties and copy selected plot data to clipboard. It is activated by default in DEBUG mode or by ShowPropertiesDlg().

- PieChart
Andrei Catalin pie chart from Bazaar/Scatter has been moved here with some changes. It is experimental pending to be implemented in Painter.
  • Attachment: trend.jpg
    (Size: 111.66KB, Downloaded 631 times)

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Sat, 04 May 2013 02:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features [message #39824 is a reply to message #39821] Sat, 04 May 2013 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hello Koldo,

This new features are very interesting in my professional field (biochemistry & diagnostics) mainly to integrate statistical trends.

Thank you for this implementation Razz

Regards

Biobytes
Re: ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features [message #39830 is a reply to message #39824] Sat, 04 May 2013 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Biobytes

That is excellent. If you have any particular needs just tell me to include them in the package.

There are many possibilities to be included but their order will depend on the priorities.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features [message #39851 is a reply to message #39830] Mon, 06 May 2013 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Koldo,

Thank you for your proposal in last message. Perhaps a silly inquiry but I am not yet familiar with scatterCtrl and Scatter package. Is it possible to draw bar-like or stacked-bar graphs.

Have a nice evening

Regards

Biobytes
Re: ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features [message #39859 is a reply to message #39851] Tue, 07 May 2013 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello BioBytes

ScatterDraw is rather flexible to include even new user defined plot and park styles.

However if you give me exact examples of what you need I can easily implement them.

index.php?t=getfile&id=4175&private=0
  • Attachment: plot.jpg
    (Size: 40.58KB, Downloaded 546 times)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features [message #39870 is a reply to message #39859] Wed, 08 May 2013 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Koldo,

Ok I see. I was too lazy to explore the samples supplied with U++ installation but it is clear that many features are available in this package.

I have another question: What is the difference with PlotCtrl/PlotLib ?

Thank you in advance for your reply

Best regards
Biobytes
Re: ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features [message #39876 is a reply to message #39870] Wed, 08 May 2013 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi Koldo,

I detected a small compilation issue that occurs on some compilers (gcc for arm for example).

In ScatterDraw/Equation.cpp, replace:
struct Equation_functor : NonLinearOptimizationFunctor<double> {
	DataSource *series;
	ExplicitEquation *fSource;
    Equation_functor() : NonLinearOptimizationFunctor() {}

by
	DataSource *series;
    Equation_functor() : NonLinearOptimizationFunctor<double>() {}   --- correction here --- 

Add <double> to the base class default constructor (or remove the call since it's the defaut constructor)

[Updated on: Wed, 08 May 2013 23:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features [message #39877 is a reply to message #39870] Thu, 09 May 2013 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

BioBytes wrote on Wed, 08 May 2013 17:56

Hi Biobytes,

PlotLib and PlotCtrl was my experiment to create a graphing based on Painter (as there was none at that time). It is not developped anymore as it was by far surpassed by the graphing widgets from Koldo and Didier. The only last feature where PlotLib might have advantage is that it can be used for drawing in non-GUI apps (event on servers with no X windows installed), as it doesn't use CtrlCore.

But as I said, it is not developed anymore, and it is probably full of bugs Smile I wouldn't recommend using it for production code, unless you really need some of the special functionality and you're willing to spend considerable time developing it to suit your needs. Actually I think it might be better if I delete it from svn, so it doesn't confuse people Smile

Honza
Re: ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features [message #39880 is a reply to message #39876] Thu, 09 May 2013 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Didier

It is true. It is unnecesary. I have removed it (to be uploaded tomorrow). Thank you!

Didier wrote on Wed, 08 May 2013 23:51

Hi Koldo,

I detected a small compilation issue that occurs on some compilers (gcc for arm for example).

In ScatterDraw/Equation.cpp, replace:
	DataSource *series;
    Equation_functor() : NonLinearOptimizationFunctor() {}

by
	DataSource *series;
    Equation_functor() : NonLinearOptimizationFunctor<double>() {}   --- correction here --- 

Add <double> to the base class default constructor (or remove the call since it's the defaut constructor)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features [message #39881 is a reply to message #39877] Thu, 09 May 2013 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
dolik.rce wrote on Thu, 09 May 2013 07:17

BioBytes wrote on Wed, 08 May 2013 17:56

Hi Biobytes,

PlotLib and PlotCtrl was my experiment to create a graphing based on Painter (as there was none at that time). It is not developped anymore as it was by far surpassed by the graphing widgets from Koldo and Didier. The only last feature where PlotLib might have advantage is that it can be used for drawing in non-GUI apps (event on servers with no X windows installed), as it doesn't use CtrlCore.

But as I said, it is not developed anymore, and it is probably full of bugs Smile I wouldn't recommend using it for production code, unless you really need some of the special functionality and you're willing to spend considerable time developing it to suit your needs. Actually I think it might be better if I delete it from svn, so it doesn't confuse people Smile

Honza

Hello BioBytes

Scatter packages are strongly inspirated in Honza's Plot packages including but not limited to the ability to create and save plots in command line applications.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: ScatterDraw/ScatterCtrl new features [message #39898 is a reply to message #39881] Thu, 09 May 2013 20:07 Go to previous message
Hello Honza , Koldo and Didier,

Thank you all for useful and clear explanations about the graphs packages.

Have a nice week-end Smile

Regards

Biobytes
Previous Topic: Draw/Paint speed slow
Next Topic: Painter small text quality
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:02:14 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01300 seconds