Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » ide find&replace is now able to lowercase/uppercase/initcaps and index
ide find&replace is now able to lowercase/uppercase/initcaps and index [message #39731] Sun, 21 April 2013 20:13 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Three postfix characters, '+', '-', '!', places after wildcard designator in replace text, make text upper/lower/initcaps.

E.g.

Find: .$
Replace: .$+

uppercases all C ids that are after '.'.

Also, @# inserts 1-based replacement index and @@ zero-based.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 April 2013 10:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ide find&replace is now able to lowercase/uppercase/initcaps replace text based on wildcard [message #39732 is a reply to message #39731] Sun, 21 April 2013 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
I have not had the need to use wildcards in searching yet.

As far as the Find/Replace the biggest problem was it disappearing when using the mouse without having easy access to the keyboard for Ctrl+F.

comment these lines
C:\upp\uppsrc\CodeEditor\CodeEditor.cpp(261):// CloseFindReplace();
C:\upp\uppsrc\CodeEditor\FindReplace.cpp(252):// CloseFindReplace();
C:\upp\uppsrc\RichEdit\Cursor.cpp(94):// CloseFindReplace();
C:\upp\uppsrc\RichEdit\Cursor.cpp(328):// CloseFindReplace();
C:\upp\uppsrc\RichEdit\Cursor.cpp(347):// CloseFindReplace();
C:\upp\uppsrc\RichEdit\Find.cpp(113):// CloseFindReplace();

compile C:\upp\uppsrc\ide.h in TheIDE
rename to theide.exe and paste into C:\upp

Re: ide find&replace is now able to lowercase/uppercase/initcaps replace text based on wildcard [message #39733 is a reply to message #39732] Mon, 22 April 2013 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
nlneilson wrote on Sun, 21 April 2013 16:18

I have not had the need to use wildcards in searching yet.

As far as the Find/Replace the biggest problem was it disappearing when using the mouse without having easy access to the keyboard for Ctrl+F.

comment these lines
C:\upp\uppsrc\CodeEditor\CodeEditor.cpp(261):// CloseFindReplace();
C:\upp\uppsrc\CodeEditor\FindReplace.cpp(252):// CloseFindReplace();
C:\upp\uppsrc\RichEdit\Cursor.cpp(94):// CloseFindReplace();
C:\upp\uppsrc\RichEdit\Cursor.cpp(328):// CloseFindReplace();
C:\upp\uppsrc\RichEdit\Cursor.cpp(347):// CloseFindReplace();
C:\upp\uppsrc\RichEdit\Find.cpp(113):// CloseFindReplace();

compile C:\upp\uppsrc\ide.h in TheIDE
rename to theide.exe and paste into C:\upp

Well, it is by design, but perhaps it was more important when Find (where it is IMO fine) and Find&Replace were the same dialog.

Can you please describe in detail when this behavior is not right?

Mirek
Re: ide find&replace is now able to lowercase/uppercase/initcaps replace text based on wildcard [message #39734 is a reply to message #39733] Mon, 22 April 2013 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Updated: added index options...
Re: ide find&replace is now able to lowercase/uppercase/initcaps replace text based on wildcard [message #39735 is a reply to message #39733] Mon, 22 April 2013 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
mirek wrote on Sun, 21 April 2013 23:50

Well, it is by design, but perhaps it was more important when Find (where it is IMO fine) and Find&Replace were the same dialog.

Mirek

If you are referring to the FindReplace box disappearing TheIde is the only IDE, text editor, etc. that I recall where the Find box just vanishes.

If you start in the middle of a file and none is found to the end it's gone.
With the changes above it will go to the top of the file and search from there. You can change what the search is for.

For some the Ctrl+F is inconvenient like a slate computer where an on screen keyboard needs to be pulled up.
I posted the changes in case someone else would like to try it.
It was important enough I took the time to find out what was needed to stop the Find box from just vanishing.

Upp is great but that bothered me.

[Updated on: Mon, 22 April 2013 13:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ide find&replace is now able to lowercase/uppercase/initcaps replace text based on wildcard [message #39749 is a reply to message #39735] Tue, 23 April 2013 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
nlneilson wrote on Mon, 22 April 2013 06:56

mirek wrote on Sun, 21 April 2013 23:50

Mirek

If you are referring to the FindReplace box disappearing TheIde is the only IDE, text editor, etc. that I recall where the Find box just vanishes.

If you start in the middle of a file and none is found to the end it's gone.
With the changes above it will go to the top of the file and search from there. You can change what the search is for.

Well, it will go there if you do press "find next"... Actually, I have tried to tune that behavior for minimum interaction for typical usage scenario, dialog disappearing when location is found and you start editing there (moving cursor), or there is no location. I mean, it is not a bug but intended feature.

Quote:

For some the Ctrl+F is inconvenient like a slate computer where an on screen keyboard needs to be pulled up.
I posted the changes in case someone else would like to try it.
It was important enough I took the time to find out what was needed to stop the Find box from just vanishing.

Upp is great but that bothered me.

OK, I guess that I should add those changes as option... ("Do not close find/replace automatically")

Mirek
Re: ide find&replace is now able to lowercase/uppercase/initcaps replace text based on wildcard [message #39753 is a reply to message #39749] Tue, 23 April 2013 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
That would be a good option.
Before I was pulling up notepad++ to do my editing/searching just because of the find box vanishing.
Re: ide find&replace is now able to lowercase/uppercase/initcaps replace text based on wildcard [message #39833 is a reply to message #39753] Sun, 05 May 2013 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
nlneilson wrote on Tue, 23 April 2013 07:02

That would be a good option.
Before I was pulling up notepad++ to do my editing/searching just because of the find box vanishing.

Option implemented...
Re: ide find&replace is now able to lowercase/uppercase/initcaps replace text based on wildcard [message #39854 is a reply to message #39833] Tue, 07 May 2013 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
That is great.

I will download the latest daily and try it.

When Upp gets into Ubuntu mainstream more will appreciate this option as well as those all ready used to having the Find/Replace stay open until intentionally closed like in many other apps.
Re: ide find&replace is now able to lowercase/uppercase/initcaps replace text based on wildcard [message #39935 is a reply to message #39854] Mon, 13 May 2013 03:43 Go to previous message
Contributor
Thanks Mirek

Upp 6059
Setup->Editor
Do not close Find/Replace dialog automatically

Previous Topic: ide icon designer now has "autosmooth" function
Next Topic: DDARasterizer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:35:51 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00922 seconds