Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Snapshot 20051211 overview
Snapshot 20051211 overview [message #400] Mon, 12 December 2005 17:08 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Changelog for the latest snapshot:

* New Report package...

* Drawing / DrawingDraw changes

* ACString / TheIDE fixed to get Topic working with MSC8.0 bug

* New Assist function: Complete identifier (per "complete-previous" feature request) - Ctrl+,

* ScrollBar bug - very large number of lines - fixed)

* Fixed U++/Win32 crashing with certain XP themes

* PDB debugger now able to handle global variables (including static members)

* Assist++ now shows non-exact matches (case-wise) too

* Assist++: "::" now lists nested types (classes)

* LineEdit: New RefreshChars Refreshes characters based on predicate. Used to implement flicker free braces refreshing in TheIDE

* ToolBar repaint optimizations

* TheIDE: Fixed crashing in "struct Foo::" assist++ situation

* Fixel Sql package and SQL-Sqlite3 package to work in mingw * DHCtrl Resizing fixed

* Assist++: void TimeSlider::Play(bool forward /*= true */) (remove default parameters)

* Assist++ now reacts to "::"

* Insert now toggles Insert/Overwrite mode in LineEdit

* Last column indicator in LineEdit - User-configurable line color and column number.

* Assist++ inserts the top match if the user hits TAB. (Saves having to hit down arrow and enter, which make the hand move far.)

* Assist++ now able to cope with "this->".

* Alt+C now works with constructors/destructors

* Updates in IDE macro system and binary resources:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=90548 83&forum_id=43615

* Fixed: TheIDE crashing when "Goto definition/declartaion" Alt+I invoked on non-project file.

* Fixed nasty RichEdit bug - crashing when tableselection is active and ruler formatting operation performed
Re: Snapshot 20051211 overview [message #412 is a reply to message #400] Tue, 13 December 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

In this snapshot plugin directory is back. I had a little bug in makeinstall program and I missed it before. Sorry...

One question. Can I create snapshot in 7z format (www.7-zip.org). The archive would be much more smaller.
Re: Snapshot 20051211 overview [message #414 is a reply to message #412] Tue, 13 December 2005 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
unodgs wrote on Tue, 13 December 2005 01:52

In this snapshot plugin directory is back. I had a little bug in makeinstall program and I missed it before. Sorry...

One question. Can I create snapshot in 7z format (www.7-zip.org). The archive would be much more smaller.

Create a poll Smile
Re: Snapshot 20051211 overview [message #415 is a reply to message #412] Wed, 14 December 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
unodgs wrote on Tue, 13 December 2005 01:52

How much smaller would it be?
Are there any other pros and cons?
Can winzip and 7zip open each others archives?

What would happen if you tried to open 7-zip with winzip - hopefully it fails gracefully, if so, shouldn't be much problem swapping to 7-zip (if it's reliable). Also isn't 7-zip free compared to winzip - or do people just use a winzip-capable freeware utility anyway?? So many questions Smile

(I have a feeling there's a bunch of other archiving products around too - I wonder how compatible they all are.)

Graeme
Re: Snapshot 20051211 overview [message #416 is a reply to message #400] Wed, 14 December 2005 14:37 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
7zip is not compatible with pkzip (Winzip) format, yet it *can* produce also classic zip (winzip) archives still gaining a small advantage (2% to 10%) in compression ratio when compared to winzip.

But it really shines when its own 7z compression is used, the gain with classic zip is marginal. (OTOH sometimes even 2% can make a difference)
With 7z compression it can go far far better than zip.
"Usually 7-Zip compresses to 7z format 30-70% better than to zip format."

Also I think the snapshot is mostly used by experienced developers, which are capable to download/install/use new compression tool, so no real pressure to maintain classic zip. And also there's no real problem (IMHO) to post both 7z and zip archives?

7z is available in source, win32 or linux executables (not very good support of different platforms for ordinary user, who doesn't want to compile sources).

And lately it is used by some install packages, as it's compression ratio is top class right now.
Previous Topic: UPDATE: New Draw Performance preview revisited
Next Topic: Snapshot 20051218 released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:27:07 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02776 seconds