Overview
Examples
Screenshots
Comparisons
Applications
Download
Documentation
Tutorials
Bazaar
Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums












SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » ide console output unreadable characters
ide console output unreadable characters [message #38718] Wed, 09 January 2013 05:36 Go to next message
o_wild is currently offline  o_wild
Messages: 28
Registered: December 2008
Location: Urmqi
Promising Member

Hello,
I'm not sure whether this is bug or not, but I think I should have posted it to i18n and internationalization.
I downloaded the stable release of theide and found the console output is unreadable when error occurs. It can't show Chinese characters as expected. The latest svn version can't either. TortoiseSVN indicates that Console.cpp file has a milestone version of 3960, so i downloaded and rebuilt it. Test result is ok with that version. If a semi-colon is missing, e.g,the output should look like this:
index.php?t=getfile&id=4009&private=0
and 4965 is ok,too.
So, what change makes that difference from 4965 on?
Best regards,
Wild

[Updated on: Sun, 13 January 2013 12:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ide console output unreadable characters [message #40228 is a reply to message #38718] Sun, 07 July 2013 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o_wild is currently offline  o_wild
Messages: 28
Registered: December 2008
Location: Urmqi
Promising Member

Solved by myself! Console.cpp have unnecessary change since r4965.
line 135: s = FromSystemCharset(s); //delete this line
because Console::Append() has already converted s to WString.
My OS is Chinese Windows7 and compiler is MSC10.

Laughing
Re: ide console output unreadable characters [message #40641 is a reply to message #40228] Sun, 25 August 2013 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Messages: 12614
Registered: November 2005
Ultimate Member
Ah, thanks, you are right. Anyway, I feel like FromSystemCharset is a good idea, so I have moved it to Append:

	WString t = Filter(FromSystemCharset(s), sAppf).ToWString();


Please check whether it works for you...

Mirek
Re: ide console output unreadable characters [message #42312 is a reply to message #40641] Thu, 06 March 2014 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfsdanny is currently offline  pfsdanny
Messages: 26
Registered: December 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Promising Member
Hi,

I just upgrade to 5485, when there is error the IDE console also display unreadable characters.

C:\Users\Danny\Documents\Project\myUppLib\mySqlChannel\/mySq lChannel.h:34:27: ?航炊嚗€ure???冽迨雿甈?銝剖??芸恐??


I use Windows 7 (Chinese). I just want to see the English Error message. I cannot debug my application without the error messages. Thx.

Danny
Re: ide console output unreadable characters [message #42343 is a reply to message #40641] Sat, 08 March 2014 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
serbeh is currently offline  serbeh
Messages: 3
Registered: February 2014
Junior Member
mirek wrote on Sun, 25 August 2013 10:19

Ah, thanks, you are right. Anyway, I feel like FromSystemCharset is a good idea, so I have moved it to Append:

	WString t = Filter(FromSystemCharset(s), sAppf).ToWString();


Please check whether it works for you...

Mirek


For me it doesn't work... Is it possible to disable this feature with "FromSystemCharset"? It works properly only if system language is english.
Re: ide console output unreadable characters [message #42430 is a reply to message #38718] Fri, 14 March 2014 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfsdanny is currently offline  pfsdanny
Messages: 26
Registered: December 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Promising Member
Hi,

I find the following file, C:\upp\uppsrc\ide\Console.cpp. In line 125 there is a line
s = FromSystemCharset(s);

I remark this line and run the IDE (5485) but the unreadable characters still exist. Do I need to re comply the IDE. If so how to do it.

Thanks.

Danny
Re: ide console output unreadable characters [message #42439 is a reply to message #42430] Fri, 14 March 2014 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Messages: 665
Registered: September 2012
Location: Poland, Kraków
Contributor
Hello pfsdanny,

You definitely need to recompile IDE.

I think that you can recompile ide from ide on MS Windows. First of all you need to set ide package (uppsrc -> ide). After that you should build ide like any other application. Finally you need to replace old ide exe file with new one.

P.S.
I have never tested above solution, but in my opinion it should work.

Sincerely,
Klugier


Ultimate++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: ide console output unreadable characters [message #42765 is a reply to message #42439] Wed, 02 April 2014 15:09 Go to previous message
pfsdanny is currently offline  pfsdanny
Messages: 26
Registered: December 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Promising Member
Hi Klugier,

Thanks, I am now switch back to 4193 to complete my project. Will try to comply the IDE when not busy.

Danny
Previous Topic: [BUG] TheIDE - new layout of "Build Method" window has some misplaced items.
Next Topic: [FEATURE REQUEST] Comment/Uncomment commands under TheIDE "Advanced" Menu
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Aug 08 04:50:53 CEST 2020

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01984 seconds