Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » A new and quite interesting opinion (on CodeBlocks)
A new and quite interesting opinion (on CodeBlocks) [message #4037] Mon, 17 July 2006 22:23 Go to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
I just thought it might be informative Twisted Evil - or even funny Laughing - to read this message which I found in the Code::Blocks-forum:

Well May some of you know something about Ultimate++, does it work on Code::Block
We don't directly support it (there is no template or anything), but there is no reason why you should not be able to use it with Code::Blocks.

Personally, I find the style of Ultimate++ scary (almost repulsive), but what they do is beyond any doubt valid C++, and it is certainly a lot more concise and more efficient than for example wxWidgets. If you can live with this particular coding style (which is a pure matter of taste), then Ultimate++ is a very good thing.

Ultimate++ works with gcc, and therefore you can use Code::Blocks to develop with Ultimate's toolkit (gcc is Code::Blocks' default compiler).
All you have to do is build the library (and create some application templates if you need any).

URL: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3518.msg27759

Werner
Edit by fudadmin : topic title

[Updated on: Sat, 29 July 2006 18:38] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: A new and quite interesting opinion [message #4038 is a reply to message #4037] Mon, 17 July 2006 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Werner wrote on Mon, 17 July 2006 16:23

I just thought it might be informative Twisted Evil - or even funny Laughing - to read this message which I found in the Code::Blocks-forum:

Well May some of you know something about Ultimate++, does it work on Code::Block
We don't directly support it (there is no template or anything), but there is no reason why you should not be able to use it with Code::Blocks.

Personally, I find the style of Ultimate++ scary (almost repulsive), but what they do is beyond any doubt valid C++, and it is certainly a lot more concise and more efficient than for example wxWidgets. If you can live with this particular coding style (which is a pure matter of taste), then Ultimate++ is a very good thing.

Ultimate++ works with gcc, and therefore you can use Code::Blocks to develop with Ultimate's toolkit (gcc is Code::Blocks' default compiler).
All you have to do is build the library (and create some application templates if you need any).

URL: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3518.msg27759

Werner

Yes, I have noticed that one too. Just a note: you cannot expect them to love us - TheIDE competes with CodeBlocks... Smile (there are other posts about TheIDE in forum I think).

Mirek
Re: A new and quite interesting opinion [message #4039 is a reply to message #4037] Mon, 17 July 2006 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

I wonder what he means saying "style of u++"..
Re: A new and quite interesting opinion [message #4040 is a reply to message #4039] Mon, 17 July 2006 23:41 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, I guess that is not too hard to decipher.

And in fact, 8 years ago (at the beginning of the process), I would find _curent_ U++ scary too Wink

I remember a lot of debates with Tom e.g. about overloading operators... But in the long run, my laziness has won and we simply started to use anything that leads to avoiding repetitive tasks and reducing complexity of coding (which in the end is what it is all about)

Mirek
Previous Topic: finding text
Next Topic: Article No2. - on codeproject?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:56:58 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03501 seconds