FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » New graph packages
Re: New graph packages [message #41702 is a reply to message #41699] Sat, 11 January 2014 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
In fact this was the first implementation I made to try to prevent abusive FULL refresh (which can take some time) ==> Refresh is made (if needed) when the mouse moves over the graph.

I was already thinking about modifying this since all the recent changes I made made new solutions available.

So I guess the time has come Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 11 January 2014 22:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New graph packages [message #41706 is a reply to message #41699] Sun, 12 January 2014 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi all,

I just delivered in SVN.6763 (sandbox) the following modifications for GraphCtrl/GraphDraw:
* Documentation
* Added DynamicMarkerCtrl::ResetMarkers() ==> is called through [popup menu]/[Reset markers]
* Added FULL REFESH on MouseLeave() to prevent letting Graph partially drawn when mouse is outside the GraphCtrl
* Add management of GraphElements with NEGATIVE priority ( several elements with negative prio are allowed on same side )
* GridAxisDraw::Paint() now takes in account StackingPriority to paint the best way possible

With NEGATIVE Stacking Priority values you can make Graphs like this :
  • Left Y axis is displayed inside Graph
  • Markers are displayed inside graph
  • All the Element's UI controls stays functional (Scroll, zoom, marker move, popup menus, ...)

index.php?t=getfile&id=4402&private=0

ManfredHerr: The issue you detected is now corrected => if mouse leaves the GraphCtrl : GraphCtrl schedules a refresh
  • Attachment: mirek1.png
    (Size: 49.53KB, Downloaded 620 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 14 January 2014 23:36]

Re: New graph packages [message #41732 is a reply to message #41706] Tue, 14 January 2014 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi all,

I just delivered some new modifications:
** Added FULL KBD support
Added KBD shortcut for: for UNDO/REDO & COPY
Added LEFT/RIGHT/UP/DOWN scroll KBD actions
KBD shortcuts for context menu

** Added AUTO-HIDE feature : When using AutoHideElementCtrl<BASE_ELEMENT> template the GraphElement Hides once the mouse is not on it
==> this brings the possibility of adding tools on graphs that do not parasite the visual aspect of the graph

The GraphCtrl_test application has a working example of the AUTO-HIDE feature

[Updated on: Tue, 14 January 2014 23:46]

Re: New graph packages [message #41751 is a reply to message #41732] Thu, 16 January 2014 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Reply to : http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th= 8159&goto=41747#msg_41747
Quote:

Didier,

tried it again on my home computer, good news: it works now!

I had to extract the packages GraphDraw & GraphCtrl & DropLineDash into an own directory to work.
Sandbox has a "bad" plugin/tif...

BTW, your GraphCtrl_test.upp has a TimingPolicies package I can't find anywhere, thus is not needed any where ?!?.

Cheers Ralph

Hello Ralph,

I am glad to hear that it now compiles and works on MSC10.

The TimingPolicies package is only a helper package that I use when I need to do some precise time mesures. It is required by GraphDraw only if GD_TIMINGS compilation option is set, so by default it is not needed Wink

Re: New graph packages [message #42095 is a reply to message #41751] Tue, 18 February 2014 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi all,

Here is another post about the lattest GraphCtrl/GraphDraw modifications (some which have been present in svn sandbox but for which I didn't post any message:

The main features added/modified are the following:
[*] Code completion now works on GraphCtrl
==> this particular point makes GraphCtrl much easier to use (I also modified a bit the inheritance tree to take advantage of the hierarchy in the completion by layering functionalities )

[*] Grid step take in account text size ==> grid auto resizes according to text size
==> It is not perfect (some artifacts are still there), but it globally works much better than before.

18/02/2014 - SVN.6927
----------------------
* Added DrawFocus(bool) in '.USC' file to enable/disable focus drawing (in case the layout contains only one Ctrl and don't need to draw the Focus )
* Refactored GridAxisDraw and GridStepIterator
- Added management for tick level : majorTickMark and minorTickMark
- Axis text size automatically taken in account to adjust grid step
- Corrected LOG scale management

31/01/2014 - SVN.6840
----------------------
* COMPLETION now works with on FULL class hierarchy of GraphCtrl !!!
* Refactored GraphDraw instance classes in order to improve usability through taking advantage of inheritance tree in completion

25/01/2014 - SVN.6811
----------------------
* Corrected FAST PAINT for PARAMETRIC functions
* Added AddBlankArea()
* Added ExecuteWithUndo()
* Corrected KBD scroll & FitToData authorisations
* Replaced Margins with BlankAreas
* Corrected FOCUS management and Added WantFocus to .USC

Re: New graph packages [message #42139 is a reply to message #42095] Sun, 23 February 2014 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi all,

I just uploaded to svn some corrections concerning automatic management of grid scaling.
Hopefully this corrects all the artifacts ( mostly visible when scrolling )

One bug still remaining : GetImage() get's bad grid ( needs to be recalculated first )

Re: New graph packages [message #42298 is a reply to message #42139] Thu, 06 March 2014 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi I just uploaded some new fixes.

I recommend to update to this version if you are using it : it contains some uninitialized data fixes.

Complete modifications are listed below :

05/03/2014 - SVN.6999
----------------------
* Corrected some initialized vars issues.
* Added missing setGraphSize() methods (regression since hierarchy refactoring)
* Added some predefined Graphs usable in GraphDraw (no need to be Ctrl)
* Added ChangeStatus class to introduce change management in some parts of code
* Renamed + Refactoring GridStepIterator.h ==> GridStepManager.h + GridStepManager.cpp
* Refactoring : code simplification : replaced all TypeGridStepManager::Iterator with GridStepIterator
* Corrected GetImage() regression ==> grid is now correctly resized according to scale

It took me quite hard time to correct the GetImage() regression because some Size() variables were not initialized ...
I didn't noticed before that the default constructor Size() does NOT initialize internal members ..This of coarse making unpredictable behavior ...

The automatic grid adjustment ( taking in account text size ) now works quite well, if anyone stumbles on a corner case I'll be happy to hear about it

[Updated on: Thu, 06 March 2014 00:31]

Re: New graph packages [message #42363 is a reply to message #42298] Sun, 09 March 2014 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
281264 is currently offline  281264
Experienced Member
Dear Didier,

It would be interesting that you publish your application in Bazaar so that we can make the most of it. I really appreciate your effort for developping this interesting tool.

Cheers,

Javier

Re: New graph packages [message #42466 is a reply to message #42363] Mon, 17 March 2014 21:06 Go to previous message
Contributor
Hello Javier,

Sorry for late reply but I was away for a week.

I'm pleased to hear about you're interest for the GraphCtrl package but the package hasn't been accepted in bazaar for the moment although I requested that some time ago.

Anyway it's no big deal to pull the svn repo and the Packages aren't very stable (although getting more more stable )
Previous Topic: New pick/clone notation now merged into trunk
Next Topic: Testing of migrated and upgraded forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:52:39 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01602 seconds