Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » [FEATURE REQUEST] Comment/Uncomment commands under TheIDE "Advanced" Menu
[FEATURE REQUEST] Comment/Uncomment commands under TheIDE "Advanced" Menu [message #42311] Thu, 06 March 2014 15:45 Go to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello,
It would be very useful to have a C style comment/uncomment command under Advanced commands. Most of the modern IDE's support this.

Also I patched TheIDE with these commands, and am using it for some time, did not encountered any weird behaviour.

Below you'll find the patch which adds these functions to theIDE. It can add or remove old and new style C/C++ comments depending on the selection.

I would be grateful if you could review this small patch and give suggestions (since I am studying theIDE's code now), or if you reject it please consider adding this functionality.

Regards.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 March 2014 15:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Comment/Uncomment commands under TheIDE "Advanced" Menu [message #42365 is a reply to message #42311] Sun, 09 March 2014 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
uhmmm..... what about "shift+*" ? It can be enabled in setup, and does exactly what you mean, just old-style (/*...*/) comments.
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Comment/Uncomment commands under TheIDE "Advanced" Menu [message #42366 is a reply to message #42365] Mon, 10 March 2014 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
mdelfede wrote on Mon, 10 March 2014 00:46

uhmmm..... what about "shift+*" ? It can be enabled in setup, and does exactly what you mean, just old-style (/*...*/) comments.

Hello Massimo,

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't notice it (the usage of it) until you pointed to it. Frankly, "[ { ( \" / * enclose selection" is a bit cryptic, maybe "Enclose selection in [ { "\ /*" or ""Enclose selected text in[ { "\ /*"" is better? Also, I couldn't find any mention of "Alt+*" in the documents or entry in the TheIde keyboard shortcuts. Maybe it should be added as text tip to the above setup option?

Regards.

[Updated on: Mon, 10 March 2014 01:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Comment/Uncomment commands under TheIDE "Advanced" Menu [message #42370 is a reply to message #42366] Mon, 10 March 2014 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Hi Oblivion,

it took 3 years for me to notice it... so don't feel alone Wink
Btw.. what does Alt+* ???
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Comment/Uncomment commands under TheIDE "Advanced" Menu [message #42373 is a reply to message #42370] Mon, 10 March 2014 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Well, I tried "Shift+*" bu it didn't work, then I tried "Ctrl+* and it didn't work either. For some reason, it is mapped to "Right ALT + *" on my keyboard. Smile

Regards.

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Comment/Uncomment commands under TheIDE "Advanced" Menu [message #42374 is a reply to message #42373] Mon, 10 March 2014 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Ah... in my keyboard, the Ctrl-Q shortcut, which should search for word in explorer just quits the ide, since some monts.... before it used to work.
You can imagine how many times I close the ide by mistake....
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Comment/Uncomment commands under TheIDE "Advanced" Menu [message #42375 is a reply to message #42374] Mon, 10 March 2014 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
There is an option in the Setup>Editor:
Do not close Find/Replace dialog automatically
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Comment/Uncomment commands under TheIDE "Advanced" Menu [message #42555 is a reply to message #42375] Mon, 24 March 2014 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Patch applied, after some changes - separated "/*" and "//" commenting, simplified uncomenting.
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Comment/Uncomment commands under TheIDE "Advanced" Menu [message #42571 is a reply to message #42555] Tue, 25 March 2014 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Thank you Mirek!

Regards.

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Comment/Uncomment commands under TheIDE "Advanced" Menu [message #42785 is a reply to message #42311] Thu, 03 April 2014 15:21 Go to previous message
Raul R. is currently offline  Raul R.
Hi Oblivian,
Hi Mirek,

This is great. I'm using TheIde for one year now and this was by far the feature I missed most.

Thank you very much,

Paul
Previous Topic: ide console output unreadable characters
Next Topic: [FEATURE] Improving CSS Highlight
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:18:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01953 seconds