FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Getting ready 2/2015
Getting ready 2/2015 [message #45037] Sun, 23 August 2015 13:18 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I would like to make another release this year. Main new features are

- new C++ parser now supports external headers and C++ 11

- Android builder

- Improved support for UHD displays

All these are mostly finished, needing just a couple of finishing touches...

In addition, I would like to rework Win32 release

- mingw-w64 should come with it (to create better out-of-box experience)

- C++ compiler/SDK of VS2015 should be supported

- To simplify things, I am considering to remove some toolchains from Win32 auto-setup. Ideally, only VS2015 and SDK7 (which is the only SDK still coming with C++ compiler) should be supported. Detection method should also be changed to rather scan directories than read from registry.

In redmine, there is now "Release 2/2015" target version, you can check tasks that we deem necessary for this release. You are welcome to suggest other tasks and bugs to be finished for this release.
Re: Getting ready 2/2015 [message #45164 is a reply to message #45037] Mon, 21 September 2015 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timsky is currently offline  timsky
mirek wrote on Sun, 23 August 2015 11:18
I would like to make another release this year.

Will you add MinGW to nightly builds too? Probably MinGW will significantly increase installer size. Right now it is great that U++ is so small and there is no need to wait for hours donloading it on slow connections.

- To simplify things, I am considering to remove some toolchains from Win32 auto-setup. Ideally, only VS2015 and SDK7 (which is the only SDK still coming with C++ compiler) should be supported. Detection method should also be changed to rather scan directories than read from registry.

Are you going to remove build methods for VS 2005 - 2013?
Please do not do that Shocked

[Updated on: Mon, 21 September 2015 16:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Getting ready 2/2015 [message #45167 is a reply to message #45164] Mon, 21 September 2015 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
timsky wrote on Mon, 21 September 2015 16:09

Will you add MinGW to nightly builds too? Probably MinGW will significantly increase installer size. Right now it is great that U++ is so small and there is no need to wait for hours donloading it on slow connections.

Yes. I think mingw will add about 30MB to the download. I do not think it is a problem. But I can be persuaded to have "mingw-free" version...

Quote:

I am not going to remove build methods, just automatic setup. Or, as things are developing, "portable setup" (it looks like there will be no install, theide will reconfigure upon starting).

OTOH, at some point in the future, C++11 will likely lure us to require C++11 compiler. At that point, U++ will not be able to compile with pre VS2015 MS compilers...

Mirek

[Updated on: Mon, 21 September 2015 16:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Getting ready 2/2015 [message #45168 is a reply to message #45167] Mon, 21 September 2015 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timsky is currently offline  timsky
mirek wrote on Mon, 21 September 2015 14:23

Yes. I think mingw will add about 30MB to the download. I do not think it is a problem. But I can be persuaded to have "mingw-free" version...

30 Mb is not a problem.

Thank you for U++!!!
Re: Getting ready 2/2015 [message #45170 is a reply to message #45167] Mon, 21 September 2015 19:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
mirek wrote on Mon, 21 September 2015 17:23

Quote:

I am not going to remove build methods, just automatic setup. Or, as things are developing, "portable setup" (it looks like there will be no install, theide will reconfigure upon starting).

OTOH, at some point in the future, C++11 will likely lure us to require C++11 compiler. At that point, U++ will not be able to compile with pre VS2015 MS compilers...

Mirek

Hi!

I'm all for portable installation, but I'm still dependent on MSC9: As I recall it, the Protect package from Max is dependent on that, and I'm dependent on Protect package... Is there any way to solve this issue? Looking forward, it would be great to have 64-bit support for Protect, but that's not possible with the current protection mechanism because of the compiler not supporting it.

Best regards,

Tom
Re: Getting ready 2/2015 [message #45171 is a reply to message #45170] Tue, 22 September 2015 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Tom1 wrote on Mon, 21 September 2015 19:29
mirek wrote on Mon, 21 September 2015 17:23

Quote:

Mirek

Hi!

I'm all for portable installation, but I'm still dependent on MSC9.

Best regards,

Tom

Builder is not going anywhere. Most likely even AutoSetup will be hidden somewhere in the menu....

Mirek
Re: Getting ready 2/2015 [message #45172 is a reply to message #45171] Tue, 22 September 2015 14:41 Go to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
OK, so I should not worry too much at the moment...

Best regards,

Tom
Previous Topic: PdfDraw and RichText->PDF export now support links
Next Topic: Official GITHub mirror
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:11:29 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01089 seconds