Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Selecting MYAPPS after starting theide.exe it is blank (Open myapps in theide ??? )
Selecting MYAPPS after starting theide.exe it is blank [message #46187] Thu, 24 March 2016 10:18 Go to next message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
I can run the examples but I cannot open any of my apps.
The MYAPPS directoty is in the C root where it has been for 10 years and many versions of upp.

Why doesn't the auto install pick this up?
What can be done to make myapps visible and open the apps in that directory in theide??
Thanks
Neil

win7 upp#9622

[Updated on: Fri, 25 March 2016 12:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Selecting MYAPPS after starting theide.exe it is blank [message #46194 is a reply to message #46187] Thu, 24 March 2016 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Well, you can add any assembly by yourself. First of all open IDE and create new assembly (Right click on assembly list and select "New assembly". Then you need to setup it. First of all specific path to MyApss dir then to uppsrc. For me on Linux the path looks like this: "/home/klugier/MyApps;/home/klugier/upp/uppsrc". Please notice that ide search for main packages in first directory. The second is supportive, but also important. Beacuse if you don't specific uppsrc - you don't use any of U++ packages.

If you have MyApps, but with different path. Just double click on assembly name and change path to your "real" MyApps directory.

Maybe this scrreenshot find helpful to you:
index.php?t=getfile&id=4978&private=0

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Thu, 24 March 2016 21:08]

Re: Selecting MYAPPS after starting theide.exe it is blank [message #46195 is a reply to message #46194] Thu, 24 March 2016 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Thanks Klugier

double clicking on MYAPPS got me to where I could set the path.

Doing things in theide is usually easy if you know how.
Re: Selecting MYAPPS after starting theide.exe it is blank [message #46196 is a reply to message #46187] Fri, 25 March 2016 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
I was able to get the MYAPPS to open in theide but I could not compile because I did not have the uppsrc path specified. I downloaded the # 9622 zip and unzipped. Then I copied the win-9622 to the C root.

In the win format:
C:\upp-win-9622\upp\uppsrc

Should I just copy that upp directory to the C root so I would have C:\upp\src and then be able to browse
and select the uppsrc or do I need to manually add C:\upp\src to the path

I am confused as I have not done this before. All the previous versions of upp that I have used the MYAPPS was setup automatically.

assembly ? package ? nests How theide defines these terms is just ???? to me

[Updated on: Fri, 25 March 2016 13:37]

Re: Selecting MYAPPS after starting theide.exe it is blank [message #46198 is a reply to message #46196] Fri, 25 March 2016 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lance is currently offline  Lance
Contributor
nlneilson:

Can you run any programs, say, AddressBook in the examples assembly? If yes, your upp is fine and you don't need another copy of uppsrc. This is most likely where you are.

The problem you're facing is that newer versions of U++ have moved MyApps to under upp folder. You will probably want to stay the old way, that is, keep MyApps where it was, which is outside of upp, so that when you upgrade to newer version of U++, you can simply delete old upp folder and unpack newer one.

Suppose you want to keep MyApps where it was, and you have messed up default MyApps setting. Here is what you can do:

1. File -> Set Main Package ... (or Ctrl+M) to bring up set main package dialog;
2. In the Assembly pane (left pane), click and select the "example" assembly;
3. Right mouse and select "New Assembly" in the popup menu, or optionally use "insert" key, to bring up "new assembly" dialog;
4. The package nests field will be prefilled with the setting for the "example" assembly, which is exactly the purpose of doing step 2. Replace "C:\upp/examples" with "C:\MyApps" (or wherever your MyApps rest), leave the uppsrc part untouched;
5. The "Assembly name" field in the dialog should be correctly populated.

OK all the way out, and you should be good to go.
Re: Selecting MYAPPS after starting theide.exe it is blank [message #46204 is a reply to message #46198] Sat, 26 March 2016 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Linking has failed
LNK: Fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file MSC.lib

"Replace "C:\upp/examples" with "C:\MyApps" (or wherever your MyApps rest"

I will try that a few more times later when my head clears, apparently it has crashed trying to do something that should be 'easy and straight forward'.

Neil
Re: Selecting MYAPPS after starting theide.exe it is blank [message #46205 is a reply to message #46204] Sat, 26 March 2016 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Looks like you build method was not set up correctly, in particular, the library folders might be incorrect or incomplete.

Here is my library folders for a comparison:
index.php?t=getfile&id=4980&private=0
  • Attachment: libs.png
    (Size: 77.00KB, Downloaded 389 times)

[Updated on: Sat, 26 March 2016 03:58]

Re: Selecting MYAPPS after starting theide.exe it is blank [message #46208 is a reply to message #46187] Sat, 26 March 2016 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi Lance

attached is an image of my build method

every thing is how the auto setup by upp has it, I have not changed anything with that setup.
In the older versions of upp there were on the install a few selections that could be made
depending on an individuals installed VS and whatever. Was that maybe a problem for the devs to maintain
that for the later versions of upp that may have been mentioned in the forums.
That is making it very difficult for some that have not kept up with recent changes.

The documents on this site has improved some but if it was not for help on this forum many would be lost on what to do.
The "README" in the zip for download is absent or empty, do you know the reason for that?

Even the posting and editing on the forum has seemed to have changed but it has been a few years so that may just my mrmoryindex.php?t=getfile&id=4981&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=4981&private=0
Re: Selecting MYAPPS after starting theide.exe it is blank [message #46210 is a reply to message #46208] Sat, 26 March 2016 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I think the problem is how you specific uppsrc dir in MyApps assembly. Can you post screenshot with your assembly setup. Alternativly you can copy path to uppsrc from other assemblise like reference or examples. Make sure you have following paths in your assembly: $(MyAppDir);$(UppsrcDir). Moreover, make sure you have semicolon between this two paths.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Selecting MYAPPS after starting theide.exe it is blank [message #46211 is a reply to message #46208] Sat, 26 March 2016 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Notice the pictures I posted showed "LIB directories" tab, and the pictures you posted is on "PATH-executables".

From your post I felt that the executables path and INCLUDE directories should be fine, otherwise you don't get a link error.

Your problem is with LIB directories as far as I can tell. You can search for MSC.lib and see if its folder is in the list of your MSC15 build method's LIB directories list.
Re: Selecting MYAPPS after starting theide.exe it is blank [message #46215 is a reply to message #46187] Sun, 27 March 2016 10:32 Go to previous message
Contributor
After many changes I gave up.

Today I started over by downloading #9628

C:\upp/examples;C:\upp/uppsrc

C:\upp/MyApps;C:\upp/uppsrc

So I copied my original MYAPPS directory into the upp directory from version 9628

Some executed OK.

Some had errors like:

(): LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'MSCOREE.lib'

C:\upp\MyApps\NefbG2\NefbG2.cpp (2054): error C2664: 'std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator <char>>::basic_string(std::initializer_list<_Elem>,const std::allocator<ch
ar> &)': cannot convert argument 1 from 'Upp::String' to 'const std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator <char>> &'

I can debug and fix those later, at least I have something to work with.

I can see the advantages of making 'new' assemblies,
I may tinker with that again in 5 or ten years but maybe not.

THANKS FOR THE HELP
Previous Topic: Big problem updating upp from version 6163 to 9614
Next Topic: Switch control on the main window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 04:40:43 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03311 seconds