Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » tutorial check completed - "bugs" and bug
tutorial check completed - "bugs" and bug [message #4680] Sun, 20 August 2006 11:55 Go to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
There is a minor "bug" in tutorial "Gui14", "Gui15", "Gui20a", "Gui20b", and "Gui20c":

The respective line
typedef MyApp[Window] CLASSNAME;

is unnecessary.

Tutorial "Ntl01" is broken:

Ntl01.upp line #5 reads
Ntl01cpp.cpp;

but should read

Ntl01.cpp;

Werner
Re: tutorial check completed - "bugs" and bug [message #4692 is a reply to message #4680] Sun, 20 August 2006 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Werner wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 05:55

There is a minor "bug" in tutorial "Gui14", "Gui15", "Gui20a", "Gui20b", and "Gui20c":

The respective line

is unnecessary.

That is true, but in this case, I think I will keep it as it is. Adding this typedef for GUI class is a good practice in U++.... (because you soon will need some THISBACK anyway Smile

Mirek
Re: tutorial check completed - "bugs" and bug [message #4705 is a reply to message #4692] Sun, 20 August 2006 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 20:23

The respective line

is unnecessary.

That is true, but in this case, I think I will keep it as it is. Adding this typedef for GUI class is a good practice in U++.... (because you soon will need some THISBACK anyway Smile

Mirek

Apologies for being insistent Embarassed , but might I suggest that you reconsider your decision Rolling Eyes ?

After all the tutorials are not production code, or are they? They are meant to demonstrate a certain topic. And here the KISS principle applies: Keep it short and simple! If you do prefer to retain the line in question - and it goes without saying that your "good practice" argument is compelling - please consider to document this line. There are probably a lot of users like me who are not professional programmers and have to strive hard to analyze code undocumented to a large extent Shocked .

Werner
Re: tutorial check completed - "bugs" and bug [message #4712 is a reply to message #4705] Sun, 20 August 2006 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Werner wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 20:33

luzr wrote on Sun, 20 August 2006 20:23

The respective line

is unnecessary.

Mirek

Apologies for being insistent Embarassed , but might I suggest that you reconsider your decision Rolling Eyes ?

After all the tutorials are not production code, or are they? They are meant to demonstrate a certain topic. And here the KISS principle applies: Keep it short and simple! If you do prefer to retain the line in question - and it goes without saying that your "good practice" argument is compelling - please consider to document this line. There are probably a lot of users like me who are not professional programmers and have to strive hard to analyze code undocumented to a large extent Shocked .

Werner

May I suggest, that it should just mentioned somewhere with big letters that "typedef is not "a must" but "a good practice" for THISBACK macro callbacks"

[Updated on: Sun, 20 August 2006 21:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: tutorial check completed - "bugs" and bug [message #4713 is a reply to message #4705] Sun, 20 August 2006 21:47 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
OK. I agree.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Minor "bug" in "tutorial / Gui08, Gui09"
Next Topic: OcxConnectionPointContainer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:39:44 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01418 seconds