Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » MDNS (Apple's Bonjour)
MDNS (Apple's Bonjour) [message #47745] Sat, 18 March 2017 10:32 Go to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Hi,

I need a MDNS implementation on UPP, but for that I'd need udp sockets with multicast capabilities.

Has somebody done some work on it already, or shall I need to start from scratch ? (hopefully not...)

Ciao

Max
Re: MDNS (Apple's Bonjour) [message #47748 is a reply to message #47745] Sat, 18 March 2017 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mdelfede wrote on Sat, 18 March 2017 10:32
Hi,

I need a MDNS implementation on UPP, but for that I'd need udp sockets with multicast capabilities.

Has somebody done some work on it already, or shall I need to start from scratch ? (hopefully not...)

Ciao

Max

Last time I was using UDP sockets, I have found them so simple as not even worth encapsulating... Smile

See bazaar/urr
Re: MDNS (Apple's Bonjour) [message #47749 is a reply to message #47748] Sat, 18 March 2017 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Almost right Wink
I'll make a small class just to take off the (few) platform-dependent stuffs, and then port the MDNS
Re: MDNS (Apple's Bonjour) [message #47750 is a reply to message #47749] Sat, 18 March 2017 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
omari is currently offline  omari
Experienced Member
Hi,
Try this UdpClient/UdpServer classes .

I have used it in an app that does not need the Multicast.

regards
omari.
Re: MDNS (Apple's Bonjour) [message #47764 is a reply to message #47750] Tue, 21 March 2017 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Hi, thank you Wink
I've made my own udp class which supports multicast.
I'm finishing MDNS implementation, then I'll post it.

Ciao

Max
Re: MDNS (Apple's Bonjour) [message #47772 is a reply to message #47764] Thu, 23 March 2017 00:57 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
He,

here a couple of packages that may be useful... maybe I could add to Bazaar later.

The MDNS packages contains:

- a non-blocking udp class, IGMP capable
- a simple (and probably incomplete...) MDNS client/server for discovering and publishing services with Bonjour protocol
- a couple of classes for IPV4 and IPV6 addresses
- a nice function to enumerate all network interfaces and their IP

The MDNSTest package is a simple testing application that can detect Arduino boards that use Bonjour protocol
All is tested on windows and linux. I'll check it on Mac too on next days.

Ciao

Max
  • Attachment: MDNS.zip
    (Size: 20.16KB, Downloaded 191 times)
Previous Topic: Httprequest always timeouts
Next Topic: standard thread
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:54:15 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01230 seconds