Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Command-line Compilation
Command-line Compilation [message #480] Wed, 04 January 2006 18:15 Go to next message
ChrisSE is currently offline  ChrisSE
Promising Member
I would like to be able to setup a command-line build system for my project, so that I can build the whole project using a single command. That said, it appears that the packages in Ultimate++, such as CtrlLib, are compiled into object files, and not library files, and are also targeted to separate directories.

For example, C:\upp\out\CtrlLib\MINGW.Debug_full.Gui\CtrlLib.o

If I want to link with this object file, I need to add this path to the makefile. The same goes for all of the other package objects.

So, is there a way to set Ultimate++ to place all of the object files into a single target directory such as, C:\upp\out\objects ?

This way I can run a command-line build, linking in all of the objects I would need for whatever app I'm making.

Any comments on how everyone builds from the command-line using Ultimate++ libraries is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Re: Command-line Compilation [message #634 is a reply to message #480] Mon, 23 January 2006 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=95354 03&forum_id=36165

Markus Mauhart's build tool
http://members.chello.at/ejg8dk49/themake-2006.01.22.zip

Don't know if it's what you want.

Re: Command-line Compilation [message #637 is a reply to message #480] Mon, 23 January 2006 10:25 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
ChrisSE wrote on Wed, 04 January 2006 12:15

For example, C:\upp\out\CtrlLib\MINGW.Debug_full.Gui\CtrlLib.o

If I want to link with this object file, I need to add this path to the makefile. The same goes for all of the other package objects.

I think you could consider makeing makefile relative to "c:/upp/CtrlLib".

Quote:

So, is there a way to set Ultimate++ to place all of the object files into a single target directory such as, C:\upp\out\objects ?

This is not quite possible - U++ allows the names of files to be the same in differnt packages, so output directories are needed to avoid name clashes of files.

The same goes for that "MINGW.Debug_full.Gui" - this is needed to avoid mixing object files for different set of build options.
Previous Topic: Arguments of MS C++ Toolkit
Next Topic: Unix compilation fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 14:06:42 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02821 seconds