Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » what about *.ini highlighter?
what about *.ini highlighter? [message #49732] Sat, 14 April 2018 19:58 Go to next message
luoganda is currently offline  luoganda
Experienced Member
i would do this, but i don't know the inner workings of highlighter,
and ini is not c/c++ like syntax, but it doesn't seem much to add this feature
Re: what about *.ini highlighter? [message #49734 is a reply to message #49732] Sat, 14 April 2018 22:53 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

First of all open TheIDE project under uppsrc assembly or open any package that uses CodeEditor. Then you need to open CodeEditor package and create new highlighter. You can do the same as I do in CodeEditor/PythonSyntax.h(.cpp) or Mirek's do in LogSyntax.h(.cpp). The second example is the simplest of existing ones. So, I suggest starting there.

Also, do not forget to register your highlight in the code (CodeEditor/RegisterSyntax.cpp):
void RegisterSyntaxModules()
{
    // ...
    EditorSyntax::Register("ini", callback(CreateINISyntax), "*.ini", "INI (*.ini)");

To test your result just build TheIDE and open .ini file.

When the code satisfais you, you can post your patch on forum in the diff forum for further processing. To do that - please make sure you have checkout our version using subversion (svn). Also, please follow our coding standards.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sat, 14 April 2018 22:54]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: New page
Next Topic: [Solved] CodeEditor: press BACKSPACE (and DELETE) key twice in order to remove one char.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:47:28 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04116 seconds