Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Splitter » Bug: adding HScrollBar uses sbar as item
Bug: adding HScrollBar uses sbar as item [message #49740] Mon, 16 April 2018 16:16 Go to next message
luoganda is currently offline  luoganda
Experienced Member
This is for v11658,
adding HScrollBar(orAny) uses scroll bar as if was an item,
not a separate frame, so scrollbar size is resizing with other items.
Scrollbar is also taken a little out off place, it's with the rest of items.
Re: Bug: adding HScrollBar uses sbar as item [message #49755 is a reply to message #49740] Mon, 23 April 2018 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
luoganda wrote on Mon, 16 April 2018 16:16
This is for v11658,
adding HScrollBar(orAny) uses scroll bar as if was an item,
not a separate frame, so scrollbar size is resizing with other items.
Scrollbar is also taken a little out off place, it's with the rest of items.

Can you be more specific please? Testcase maybe so that I know what are you talking about? Smile
Re: Bug: adding HScrollBar uses sbar as item [message #49761 is a reply to message #49740] Tue, 24 April 2018 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
ok, here it goes...
... i meant VScrollBar not HScrollBar, but it's probably the same for HScrollBar.
Adding VScrollBar to window is ok, while adding to Splitter is the similar as it
would be written for item, eg 'Splitter << vscrollbar'.
In src code, it probably uses(and displaces) sbFrameCtrl as normal item.

For now - a workaround is needed for this,
like some wrapper ctrl to which VScrollBar and Splitter are added.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 April 2018 18:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bug: adding HScrollBar uses sbar as item [message #49763 is a reply to message #49761] Wed, 25 April 2018 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
After fixing your 'testcase', it works as expected:

index.php?t=getfile&id=5560&private=0

ScrollBar is regular widget, so Splitter does what is supposed to do - use it as splitter part.

BTW, would be so hard to provide working testcase, one that I only unpack in MyApps, select and run? Not the bunch of files that are not in proper folder and do not compile? Perhaps add a screenshot of the problem even?

I am adding 'fixed' testcase as I am not 100% sure that I have edited it the right way.
Re: Bug: adding HScrollBar uses sbar as item [message #49767 is a reply to message #49740] Wed, 25 April 2018 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
it can't be so much like a regular widget(in point of view when using it as scrollBar,not item),
because normally when AddFrame is used to add scrollbar to some ctrl, no SizePos etc is needed for it to pos it correctly.
I meant exactly as it's written in original code that i posted.
<<I want to add VScrollBar to Splitter wia AddFrame, so that inner ctrls would be scrollable>>,
and they would be(for now) scrollable manually because of customization(automatically is probably not possible for now).
Similar effect is(could) be used with ColumnList(which already has scrollbars),
but i want to explicitly customize Splitter for this (possibly without workarounds).
Adding Splitter.AddFrame(VScrollBar) makes similar effect like posted screenshot, but with scrollbar a little out of place.
I thought this is a bug - but it would be a neat feature if scrollbars could be added to Splitter, like for TopWindow.
I don't know though, what effect is with other controls if scrollbars are added to it, eg Ctrl - probably works as in TopWindow.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 April 2018 18:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bug: adding HScrollBar uses sbar as item [message #49768 is a reply to message #49767] Wed, 25 April 2018 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
OK, I finally see what you complain about. Should be now fixed in trunk:

index.php?t=getfile&id=5562&private=0
Re: Bug: adding HScrollBar uses sbar as item [message #49769 is a reply to message #49740] Thu, 26 April 2018 20:59 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
yap, that would be it - i'll try that out too.
Btw - where did you get w3.1a? Smile
Previous Topic: How and where to set position when using layouts?
Next Topic: Background of items in splitter is sometimes is incorrectly painted black
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:52:55 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02150 seconds