Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » DHCtrl, Ctrl NoBackPaint ignored?
DHCtrl, Ctrl NoBackPaint ignored? [message #49843] Wed, 16 May 2018 16:06 Go to next message
luoganda is currently offline  luoganda
Experienced Member
Using NoBackPaint or BackPaint(EXCLUDEPAINT) seems to be ignored(on DHCtrl for sure,on Ctrl probably the same).
When main window is resized, flickering is seen.
This could be probably solved on wPlatform with overriding WM_ERASEBKGND(just ret TRUE) if main Registered hBrushBack!=NULL.
Re: DHCtrl, Ctrl NoBackPaint ignored? [message #49854 is a reply to message #49843] Fri, 18 May 2018 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
luoganda wrote on Wed, 16 May 2018 16:06
Using NoBackPaint or BackPaint(EXCLUDEPAINT) seems to be ignored(on DHCtrl for sure,on Ctrl probably the same).
When main window is resized, flickering is seen.
This could be probably solved on wPlatform with overriding WM_ERASEBKGND(just ret TRUE) if main Registered hBrushBack!=NULL.

Well, if you are using DHCtrl, you are sort of supposed to override

virtual LRESULT WindowProc(UINT message, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam);

BTW, what is your reason to use DHCtrl?

Mirek
Re: DHCtrl, Ctrl NoBackPaint ignored? [message #49855 is a reply to message #49843] Sun, 20 May 2018 09:09 Go to previous message
luoganda is currently offline  luoganda
Experienced Member
Ok, then for DHCtrl it must be overriden(it's more like a sort of wild western movie Smile),
but what about regular Ctrl? i am not 100% sure, but i think it's the same(NoPaint,EXCLUDEPAINT ignored).

I am using DHCtrl so that native plugins(dll's) can be written, so this is a must.

2nd reason for using DHCtrl is that i can implement a buggy-less plugin through it,
because upp plugins(dll) are buggy, because usually upp dll's won't work out of the box(eg adding ScrollBars via dll error).
You already mentioned in one of the posts that USEMALLOC can be used to resolve heap alloc/free problems via dll's.
I doubt that this solves this kind of problems - because two different compilers(one for main app,one for dll)
will probably produce similar error. But there is a workaround - like passing dll's allocator to mainapp and using it.
Also - you mentioned that by using USEMALLOC will reduce speed. Hmm, then i probably won't use this - even if it works.
Previous Topic: Ctrl creation via dll stuff
Next Topic: Suggestion for SuggestCtrl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:04:57 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01135 seconds