Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Does any one compile successfully on cygwin?
Does any one compile successfully on cygwin? [message #5028] Thu, 31 August 2006 04:11
andywang is currently offline  andywang
Promising Member
Hi, all!

I try to compile on cygwin. First I met a problem that told me c++ can not run (no path or process wrong). then I found it maybe a problem that excute c++ in Windows cmd window will failed (that maybe a bug to cygwin.)

Then I try to setup->build mothod->"compiler name", change it to g++. continue compiling.., log will show "There are errors" but no error msg. after I try 3-5 times, it will pass!(what a problem! maybe cygwin's bug too.)

Then finally, all of the file compiled, in linkage, it failed:

----- AnimatedHello ( GUI MAIN GCC DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 ) (9 / 9)
Hello.cpp
AnimatedHello: 1 file(s) built in (0:04.07), 4078 msecs / file, duration = 4078 msecs
Linking...
C:/upp/out/plugin/png/MINGW.Debug_full.Gui/pngupp.o: In function `_ZNK6VectorIPvE8IsPickedEv':
C:/upp/uppsrc/Core/Topt.h:(.text+0xd): undefined reference to `__imp__png_get_io_ptr'
C:/upp/uppsrc/Core/Topt.h:(.text+0x42): undefined reference to `__imp__png_error'
C:/upp/out/plugin/png/MINGW.Debug_full.Gui/pngupp.o: In function `_Z16png_write_streamP14png_struct_defPhj':
C:\upp\uppsrc\plugin\png\pngupp.cpp:15: undefined reference to `__imp__png_get_io_ptr'

I met that problems before, it is because using static compile, all of the name in *.o is _png_get_io_ptr etc, but because the upp is cross-platform, the header file will expose global function with " _cdecl _export " on windows, which will mingle the name with _imp__ in hello.o. The solution is ugly, just hide the _cdecl_export in header file. It just happened in static-link. There maybe some elegent method to solve it, I am glad to hear.

Does any one compile the upp successfully in cygwin? I am very appreciate to hear the setting and process.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, next step. I will try compile in shared library.

andy
Previous Topic: [Solved !] ide Complie Error when complied under options other than "GCC32 Debug"
Next Topic: Compiling IML file problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 18:25:19 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02316 seconds