Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements
CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #4982] Tue, 29 August 2006 12:10 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Fruitfull discussion with hongdong led to these improvements:

* U++ is now able to read multibyte (CJK) encoded filesystem (e.g. FileSelector now should correctly display chinesse filenames).

* LineEdit (and therefore TheIDE) now displays CJK ideographs in double width

* FontInfo is now optimized not to waste space storing ideograph widths, as ideographs seem to be monospaced (however, it is tested so this optimization is performed only if they really are monospaced).

* New IsCJKIdeograph function returns true if unicode character is cjk ideograph

I am not 100% sure if my range is correct, I have defined it as

inline bool IsCJKIdeograph(int c) { return c >= 0x2e80 && c <= 0xdfaf || c >= 0xf900 && c <= 0xfaff; }

Anyway, for current practical purposes (LineEdit) it should be OK.

Mirek

P.S.: What about chinesse translation? Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 29 August 2006 12:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5001 is a reply to message #4982] Wed, 30 August 2006 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
The improvement is so quick,really surprising!
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5025 is a reply to message #4982] Thu, 31 August 2006 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Tue, 29 August 2006 06:10

Fruitfull discussion with hongdong led to these improvements:

* U++ is now able to read multibyte (CJK) encoded filesystem (e.g. FileSelector now should correctly display chinesse filenames).

* LineEdit (and therefore TheIDE) now displays CJK ideographs in double width

* FontInfo is now optimized not to waste space storing ideograph widths, as ideographs seem to be monospaced (however, it is tested so this optimization is performed only if they really are monospaced).

* New IsCJKIdeograph function returns true if unicode character is cjk ideograph

I am not 100% sure if my range is correct, I have defined it as

inline bool IsCJKIdeograph(int c) { return c >= 0x2e80 && c <= 0xdfaf || c >= 0xf900 && c <= 0xfaff; }

Anyway, for current practical purposes (LineEdit) it should be OK.

Mirek

it is already in 608-dev2,so happy!!
Quote:

P.S.: What about chinesse translation?

no neccessary but would be nice.
  • Attachment: UCJK.pdf
    (Size: 18.01KB, Downloaded 1443 times)
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5029 is a reply to message #5025] Thu, 31 August 2006 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Quote:

Quote:

P.S.: What about chinesse translation?

no neccessary but would be nice.

Actually, that was a suggestion for your contribution:)

Mirek
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5030 is a reply to message #5029] Thu, 31 August 2006 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Wed, 30 August 2006 23:22

Actually, that was a suggestion for your contribution:)
Mirek

I would like to,but now I just begin to learn U++,I hope I can do it not too late.
thank you for your trust!
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5033 is a reply to message #5030] Thu, 31 August 2006 17:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
All you need to do is run TheIDE with specific flag, then edit single text file.

See http://upp.sourceforge.net/srcdoc$Core$i18n$en-us.html

Use UTF-8 for chinesse.

Anyway, there is no hurry. But chinesse would be nice to have, if only as proof of concept....

Mirek
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5042 is a reply to message #5033] Fri, 01 September 2006 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
Hi,Open IDE package,in menu "Synchronize translation files"(STF)->Versions->context menu->Add,can't find ZH.my Lang tag is zh-CN.I try to modify Core.t file manually,add something at the same way as others,this time STF can't find Core.t anymore.there something wrong,any hint?
thanks !
  • Attachment: Core.t
    (Size: 14.84KB, Downloaded 1439 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 01 September 2006 03:24] by Moderator

Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5044 is a reply to message #5042] Fri, 01 September 2006 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
First of all, modifying Core.t is possible but not the best way how to do that. You should rather produce .tr file.

Other than that, yes, now looking at sources, I am now afraid chinesse i18n codes are not there yet Smile

What combinations should we support for CJK?

Mirek
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5049 is a reply to message #5044] Fri, 01 September 2006 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
I read the link you point,there two ways to translate,one is on compile time,second on runtime.I prefer runtime,because it only need one build exe,people can easily add another language support without recomplie all.
yes,"chinesse i18n codes" t.h has no zhCN info
btw,how about the font selector's chinese support(I post it in I18N)
thanks

[Updated on: Fri, 01 September 2006 09:42] by Moderator

Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5051 is a reply to message #5049] Fri, 01 September 2006 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
What about Japan and Korea?

As for font names, I have noticed the problem. Working on solution (it is a little bit more complicated fix - we will need to enhance the code for storing "os-encoded" name and "translated" name...)

Mirek
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5052 is a reply to message #5049] Fri, 01 September 2006 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
P.S.: Runtime translation support (export .tr and fix it...) can be easily imported by theide to provide compile time support. That is why it is preferred method of providing translations.

Mirek

[Updated on: Fri, 01 September 2006 10:20]

Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5056 is a reply to message #5052] Fri, 01 September 2006 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
I have made a .tr file,but how can use it to make theIDE's face to be Chinese.my suggestion:insert one button to menu of applicationindex.php?t=getfile&id=245&private=0,use this someone can select which language to be used.
  • Attachment: Lang.png
    (Size: 9.88KB, Downloaded 2248 times)
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5057 is a reply to message #5056] Fri, 01 September 2006 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
Here is the .tr file. I think .tr is likely wx's .po file
  • Attachment: zhCN.tr
    (Size: 15.47KB, Downloaded 1449 times)
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5058 is a reply to message #5051] Fri, 01 September 2006 17:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Fri, 01 September 2006 04:19

What about Japan and Korea?
Mirek

I don't Know Japanese and Korea too.but principle is same
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5070 is a reply to message #5056] Sat, 02 September 2006 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Actually, we have no plans to internationalize TheIDE. The idea of C++ programmer that does not understand English is weird one.

Language switching should be the function of application.

Mirek
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5072 is a reply to message #5057] Sat, 02 September 2006 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
hongdong wrote on Fri, 01 September 2006 11:08

Here is the .tr file. I think .tr is likely wx's .po file

This does not look like UTF-8. Have you edited the file using TheIDE with UTF-8 settings?

Mirek
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5073 is a reply to message #5072] Sat, 02 September 2006 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Sat, 02 September 2006 02:16

This does not look like UTF-8. Have you edited the file using TheIDE with UTF-8 settings?

Mirek

Sorry,now it is UTF8
  • Attachment: zhCN.tr
    (Size: 15.47KB, Downloaded 1400 times)
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5082 is a reply to message #5073] Sat, 02 September 2006 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
OK, now in the main tree...

BTW, have you used TheIDE to edit the file? There was some strange character before "LANGUAGE" at the beginning of the file...

Mirek
Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5084 is a reply to message #5082] Sun, 03 September 2006 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Sat, 02 September 2006 17:19

OK, now in the main tree...

BTW, have you used TheIDE to edit the file? There was some strange character before "LANGUAGE" at the beginning of the file...

Mirek

no,I used UltraEdit(just custom),I don't know why there is difference.

[Updated on: Sun, 03 September 2006 08:00] by Moderator

Re: CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements [message #5085 is a reply to message #5070] Sun, 03 September 2006 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
unknown user
luzr wrote on Sat, 02 September 2006 02:06

Actually, we have no plans to internationalize TheIDE. The idea of C++ programmer that does not understand English is weird one.

Language switching should be the function of application.

Mirek

I agree
Previous Topic: Next round of painting routine tuning...
Next Topic: TheIDE now has switching of GUI styles (in Environtment../IDE).
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 11:28:10 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03212 seconds