Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » demo package name "y1" can't compile?
demo package name "y1" can't compile? [message #5043] Fri, 01 September 2006 06:22 Go to next message
andywang is currently offline  andywang
Promising Member
Dear all:

I followed the link:
http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/IntroUpp.asp
to do the test, and I changed the name from SimpleDemo to y1. when compiling, it failed with error: (MSVC71)

Quote:

----- CtrlLib ( GUI MSC71 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (1 / 9)
----- CtrlCore ( GUI MSC71 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (2 / 9)
----- RichText ( GUI MSC71 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (3 / 9)
----- Draw ( GUI MSC71 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (4 / 9)
----- Core ( GUI MSC71 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (5 / 9)
----- Image ( GUI MSC71 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (6 / 9)
----- plugin\png ( GUI MSC71 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (7 / 9)
----- plugin\z ( GUI MSC71 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (8 / 9)
----- y1 ( GUI MAIN MSC71 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (9 / 9)
main.cpp
C:\upp\MyApps\y1\main.cpp(12) : error C2660: 'y1' : function does not take 0 arguments
C:\upp\MyApps\y1\main.cpp(12) : error C2228: left of '.Run' must have class/struct/union type
y1: 1 file(s) built in (0:01.40), 1406 msecs / file, duration = 1406 msecs

There were errors. (0:02.00)

I don't change anything. the same env, I redo it with name "SimpleDemo", passed.

Is there any limit to the package name?

(later: I am defeated :-=), I tested yy1,w2,y2, all passed, just y1 doesn't. is that lucky for me ? BTW, how to delete my package from package lists? I tried overwrite y1, same. I want to delete it and re-create it again.)

(laterr: mode with optimize, before adding widgets, size is about 400K, after adding widgets, size is about 1M. I noticed all of the supported widget are compiled into it, regardless whether or not depend on. Is any consideration in the future to create smaller footprint or use it on the embedded system?
Or is it possible that provide some template/tools that allow user create(share) custom CTRLs, that will increase the ctrls widely and quickly?)

Andy

[Updated on: Fri, 01 September 2006 07:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: demo package name "y1" can't compile? [message #5045 is a reply to message #5043] Fri, 01 September 2006 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl3_y1.htm

As for executable size and dependent widgets, well, I think you are not right, however it is true that "minimum" GUI to run any app includes several big chunks of code, e.g. RichText (because every label and prompt can use that) or ArrayCtrl (because DropList is using it).

Recently, minumum size (Optimal build) is about 800 KB with MSC71. On the positive side, theide.exe is now at 3.7MB... Smile

Mirek

[Updated on: Fri, 01 September 2006 08:11]

Re: demo package name "y1" can't compile? [message #5063 is a reply to message #5045] Fri, 01 September 2006 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Shocked Shocked Shocked
What a amazing expierence! Follow your link, I go for http://mathworld.wolfram.com/BesselFunctionoftheFirstKind.ht ml then get to know wolfram and his cellular automata and fractal. And fractal is just my favour Smile. Life is just like this, unexpected and destiny.

3.7M's TheIDE is cool enough! I expect to hear more and more improvements. I love upp very much. And what about upp's other components, e.g. Networking? I plan to combine the ACE with Upp to produce some cross-platform UI and Network framework. It would be great.
Re: demo package name "y1" can't compile? [message #5066 is a reply to message #5063] Sat, 02 September 2006 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
There is some networking / socket etc. support in web package. However, it is still cooking.... (I would like to move Socket to Core in the next version...).

BTW, that www page was just first google of "y1" Wink

Mirek

[Updated on: Sat, 02 September 2006 00:18]

icon11.gif  Re: demo package name "y1" can't compile? [message #5068 is a reply to message #5066] Sat, 02 September 2006 04:25 Go to previous message
Promising Member
I am not that lucky. in my google, first y1 is boeing's project, and others unrelated Confused

Waiting for your Socket in core Smile
Previous Topic: Compiling IML file problem
Next Topic: Speed-up linking
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:16:06 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02466 seconds