Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Moving folder and TheIDE compiler paths? (Moving folders causes compiler errors)
Moving folder and TheIDE compiler paths? [message #51185] Sun, 17 February 2019 22:51 Go to next message
DrOldies is currently offline  DrOldies
Promising Member
I created a small package to learn how the FileBrowser in \Bazaar\ works. Once it was functional, I recreated the slic3r package in myApps, and copied the files over only the needed folders from \Bazaar to myApps. These are:
\Slic3rViewer (my code)
\PolyXML
\Functions4U
\Controls4U
\ClassFactory

I now have 3 versions of the slicer package in The IDE under these 3 'Assemblies'with the following compile results:

examples-bazaar
compiles using only files in folders in \bazaar\
MyApps-bazaar
compiles using \myApps\slic3r\slic3r package, but links to the other folders in \Bazaar\
MyApps
errors out with a number of path not found errors starting with C1083 cannot open...'Function4U/Function4U.h.' I can insert the full path in the #include and the file is found, but then reporting another path errors, etc. So the compiler is not find either the local folders OR the ones in \bazaar.

Note: I deleted the \out\folders each time to get a full compile.

I did not find any environment paths, or paths in TheIDE configuration.

What am I missing?
Is there a aplha or beta version of the FileBrowser as a widget I can test?

Thanks

If needed I can upload the 5 folders from \Bazaar.
Re: Moving folder and TheIDE compiler paths? [message #51186 is a reply to message #51185] Sun, 17 February 2019 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello DrOldies,

You can use directly "MyApps-bazaar" instead of "MyApps" to directly use bazaar projects in your projects. However, you can manually configure your "MyApps" assembly to points bazzar assembly - however it is not require, beacuse we have "MyApps-bazaar" assembly by default. For more information how to do it please read following documentation topic - https://www.ultimatepp.org/app$ide$ConfiguringPackagesAssemb lies$en-us.html (The screenshots are a little bit outdated, but the idea is the same).

I don't know anything about FileBrowser from bazzar, but maybe FileSel from standard U++ widget library is what you looking for - https://www.ultimatepp.org/src$CtrlLib$FileSel_en-us.html.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sun, 17 February 2019 23:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Moving folder and TheIDE compiler paths? [message #51187 is a reply to message #51186] Mon, 18 February 2019 02:56 Go to previous message
DrOldies is currently offline  DrOldies
Promising Member
Thanks for both recommendations. myApps-Bazaar's purpose is obvious now that you mention it.
Previous Topic: C2143 and other errors with any example code
Next Topic: U++ Installation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:54:27 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01796 seconds