Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » RichText,QTF,RTF... » RawRichText - is it possible to have a fixed width RichTable column?
RawRichText - is it possible to have a fixed width RichTable column? [message #51372] Sun, 17 March 2019 00:20 Go to next message
jjacksonRIAB is currently offline  jjacksonRIAB
Experienced Member
I have the document in a resizable window but AddColumn is given in proportional ratios so it shifts the content over when I resize.
Re: RawRichText - is it possible to have a fixed width RichTable column? [message #51411 is a reply to message #51372] Fri, 22 March 2019 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
No, it is always proportional, sorry.

Depending on situation, it might be possible to recreate the content on each resize and change the ratios.

Mirek
Re: RawRichText - is it possible to have a fixed width RichTable column? [message #51413 is a reply to message #51411] Sat, 23 March 2019 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thanks Mirek,
I think I could do that without issue. I don't even care if it's proportional so long as I could shrink-to-fit the leftmost column with some padding. It's just a data logger with the time given in the left column, right-aligned with some padding and a fixed zoom factor.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 March 2019 00:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: RawRichText - is it possible to have a fixed width RichTable column? [message #51418 is a reply to message #51372] Sun, 24 March 2019 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 24 March 2019 07:16]

Re: RawRichText - is it possible to have a fixed width RichTable column? [message #51419 is a reply to message #51411] Sun, 24 March 2019 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I ended up dealing with it differently by moving back to RichPara, creating a RichObjectType, overriding paint and aligning right with DrawText and GetTextSize. The only problem I have left as that I need the text after the time field to wrap to a point after the time field. If it's multiline that's no problem - I can just create a margin. Is there any way to override wrapping so that it has a left margin?
Re: RawRichText - is it possible to have a fixed width RichTable column? [message #51421 is a reply to message #51411] Sun, 24 March 2019 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
To be clear, this is what I want to fix:
https://i.imgur.com/1i7pFZP.png

Edit Never mind, I found it with:

para.format.indent = 60;
para.format.bullet = RichPara::BULLET_TEXT;

[Updated on: Sun, 24 March 2019 14:45]

Re: RawRichText - is it possible to have a fixed width RichTable column? [message #51435 is a reply to message #51421] Mon, 25 March 2019 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Yes, that sounds like a good solution.

BTW: Notice the existence of QTF. It is usually easier to use QTF instead of fiddling with RichText/RichPara objects directly.

Mirek
Re: RawRichText - is it possible to have a fixed width RichTable column? [message #51436 is a reply to message #51435] Mon, 25 March 2019 13:48 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
That's what I'd normally do but for this application I'm using raw because I have a custom parser designed for parsing simple markdown and I'm definitely going to be having custom RichObjectTypes/possible extensions. I fibbed a bit when I said it was a "logger" (sorry). It's actually a discord client, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up as to whether I will complete it and release it (to be a proper client it's going to need animated .gif, .webm support, etc). It's very much a learning project at this phase.
Previous Topic: How to add/enable spell-CORRECTING with richedit (not-quite-solved-sort-of)
Next Topic: Potential QTF minor bug or misunderstanding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:55:21 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01163 seconds