FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Upp 609-dev1 released
Upp 609-dev1 released [message #5167] Sat, 09 September 2006 08:43 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

+ void Splitter::Add(Ctrl& pane); Splitter& operator<<(Ctrl& pane) { Add(pane); return *this; }
+ CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements. More here: http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1401 &start=0&
+ TheIDE now has switching of GUI styles (in Environtment../IDE)
+ New RichText properties (Tables now support: keep cell in single page (QTF- "k"), keep the table in single page ("K")
+ New reference/Chameleon example
+ Added specific support for printing large Images
+ Image tutorial

* Paint system once again refactored..

- LineEdit (and therefore Ide editor) "vertical bar osciallation" problem
- X11 Clipboard fixed

+ New/Added
* Change
- Fix
Re: Upp 609-dev1 released [message #5172 is a reply to message #5167] Sat, 09 September 2006 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
Running UWord, compiled with "MSC8 Optimal" under Windows XP, causes the view and the status bar to flicker heavily when a character is entered or when a toolbar icon is touched, respectively.

Commenting out "Ctrl::ShowRepaint(50);" in GUI_APP_MAIN removes the problem.

Also it might be a good idea to correct the syntax of ShowRepaint in ScrollView (although it's commented out).

Werner
Re: Upp 609-dev1 released [message #5174 is a reply to message #5167] Sat, 09 September 2006 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomesas is currently offline  nicomesas
Experienced Member
I download this version and i'm tried for compile it, but I don't know what is the best method for do it.
I use theIde605 for build, but the compile GUI-Speed,NOLIB-Speed crash at linking time whidth the next message:

Linking...
/home/nico/upp/out/Core/GCC32.Force_speed.Gui.Nolib/Dli.o: En funciņon `CheckDll(char const*, char c
	onst* const*, Vector<void*>&)':Dli.cpp:(.text._Z8CheckDllPKcPKS0_R6VectorIPvE+0x1e): warning: Usin
	g 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the g
	libc version used for linking
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libX11.a(GetDflt.o): En funciņon `GetHomeDir': warning
	: Using 'getpwnam_r' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared librarie
	s from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libX11.a(GetDflt.o): En funciņon `GetHomeDir': warning
	: Using 'getpwuid_r' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared librarie
	s from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libX11.a(x11_trans.o): En funciņon `_X11TransSocke
	tOpen': warning: Using 'getaddrinfo' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the sha
	red libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/home/nico/upp/out/Web/GCC32.Force_speed.Gui.Nolib/socket.o: En funciņon `Socket::Data::OpenClient(c
	har const*, int, bool, unsigned int*, int, bool)':socket.cpp:(.text._ZN6Socket4Data10OpenClientE
	PKcibPjib+0x2eb): aviso: Using 'gethostbyname' in statically linked applications requires at run
	time the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libX11.a(x11_trans.o): En funciņon `_X11TransSocke
	tINETConnect': warning: Using 'getservbyname' in statically linked applications requires at runtim
	e the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/[B]usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libX11.a(ConnDis.o): In function `_X11TransConnect
	Display': reference a `XauDisposeAuth' not defined
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.0.3/../../../../lib/libX11.a(ConnDis.o): En funciņon `_X11TransConnect
	Display': referencia a `XauGetBestAuthByAddr' sin definir
collect2: ld devolviķ el estado de salida 1
[/B]
There were errors. (23:23.92)

Maybe is GUI MT-Speed, or GUI USEMALLOC or GUI ULD?
I have not found in the forum any reference to the exact method to make the compilation.

Nico
Re: Upp 609-dev1 released [message #5175 is a reply to message #5174] Sat, 09 September 2006 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
You need to have output mode "Shared" option active (to make TheIDE build process to use shared libraries).

In console you should see something like "GCC GUI SHARED LINUX"

Mirek
Re: Upp 609-dev1 released [message #5182 is a reply to message #5167] Sat, 09 September 2006 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Finally I have been able to compile TheIde as you have explained to me, thanks.

But we have other bug similar to
http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1397 &start=0&

CtrlLib/appdoc.tpp/DlgCalc$cs-cz.tpp is in a wrong format, I think.

Nico
Re: Upp 609-dev1 released [message #5183 is a reply to message #5182] Sat, 09 September 2006 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
nicomesas wrote on Sat, 09 September 2006 11:37

Nico

Really strange as I am still unable to reproduce it, while using ubuntu 606.

Do you think you could help us to track that down using RLOGs? (See that other thread).

Mirek
Re: Upp 609-dev1 released [message #5184 is a reply to message #5183] Sat, 09 September 2006 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Sat, 09 September 2006 18:11

nicomesas wrote on Sat, 09 September 2006 11:37

Nico

Really strange as I am still unable to reproduce it, while using ubuntu 606.

Do you think you could help us to track that down using RLOGs? (See that other thread).

Mirek

I'm sorry. the wrong file is TCtrlLib/appdoc.tpp/DlgCalc$cs-cz.tpp
If you see it, you view that format is very diferent that other files in directory.

When there am debug the IDE I have seen that it was a exception of the loop in function SyncTopicFile (line 122 of ide/browser/topicbase.cpp) and that the explosion takes place when it tries to parsear the cases out like a QTF

line 153 and 154 of TopicBase.cpp
	Topic tp = ReadTopic(LoadFile(path));
	SyncTopicFile(ParseQTF(tp.text), link, path, tp.title);

Nico

[Updated on: Sat, 09 September 2006 18:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Upp 609-dev1 released [message #5187 is a reply to message #5184] Sat, 09 September 2006 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Different format is OK. It is older uncompressed format, TheIDE should be able to cope with it.

Anyway, thanks for hints, I will check that.

Mirek
Re: Upp 609-dev1 released [message #5424 is a reply to message #5167] Thu, 21 September 2006 05:07 Go to previous message
lundman is currently offline  lundman
Experienced Member
unodgs wrote on Sat, 09 September 2006 15:43

+ CJK (chinesse / japanesse / korean) improvements. More here: http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=1401 &start=0&

I was pleased to see this, even if a little sceptical, but I must admit, it just plain worked. Very nice!

http://netbsd.interq.or.jp/~lundman/UFxp5.jpg

Previous Topic: Upp 609-dev2 released
Next Topic: Upp 609-dev3 released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:04:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01251 seconds